Graybeard Outdoors banner

Was the opioids thing a bad idea?

6K views 118 replies 16 participants last post by  Argent11 
#1 ·
What about those people who really need it, even for a short time, and aren't junkies. Chronic pain can effect the entire body, even kill you, or prevent healing. So, the effected shovel down aspirin and ibuprofen at the same time.Which causes other adverse health conditions. I think it was a bad idea and poorly thought out.

#84 ·
(I suppose we aren't suppose to mix alcohol with anything, that might be alcohol abuse! ha!)

You and I and others here fix stuff. it's what we men do.
It hurt, I fixed it, lived to tell as well.
As far as Ibuprofen, it sounds like none of us should ever take it , ever, it has so many negative effects and is harder on the liver that Hydro, or codeine.

#86 ·
Good shot, Cynthia just said they weren't really blue, but a green blue. Now her dose is a very bright red,
like a warning. I don't think that's a very good idea, to a vision impaired person it could be confused with
an over the counter ibuprofen. But she said it isn't in a round pill form anymore, it's a bright red capsule.

I wonder how many of these ODs were associated with that?

#93 ·
Pain relief has an important place within medicine, or at least in society. All that Oxycontin ever did, was to be an answer to a problem.

And a pretty good one, if the pain is killing a person. I view this latest witch hunt, just like all the ones that have come before, as an unjust thing.

When they are through destroying legitimate businesses, then the criminal businesses will take up the slack. And people will buy heroin, to treat severe pain.

#102 ·
Right on! Appears we never learn from the past. Opioids,like anything else can have a positive effect, or a negative one. Depends on the user and for what reason it's being used.I take a pain killer daily, and have never abused it. They are being taken from me,by silly azz politicians, and medical professionals that don't give a hoot about our well being. I will find a substitute to relieve the pain.If that makes me turn into a criminal in my old age, then so be it. Gummy Bears are looking like my next drug of choice. The only dam thing this Liberal state of mine has done positive is made MJ legal.

#100 ·
What I ment was she won't argue with all those people about her being on opioids. She would rather not be
on them but in her case she has no other choice. Heck, her boyfriend is an FBI agent lol. I've never met him
but from what I hear he treats her very well.

#104 ·
you probably have your own machine, could you monitor your BP and see if there is a level that allows you relief without negative side effects?
Wild Lettuce is abundant around here, and it is said to be a great pain reliever, there are some good videos on how to prepare, also, some use poppy seed pods in a tincture.

#106 ·
I think we raise the poppies, cut off the heads at the right time and soak them, I am not aware of pods available for sale, that might cross a line, but on the other hand, many things "illegal" are things we can do privately, just can't profit from it.

#111 · (Edited)
It's always things like this that they only go after the law abiding and victimize them for. Our rights including guns, vehicles, and now our meds. And a whole slew of other things. Even the very lives of the innocent if
they are still in the womb. I really don't know anyone who abuses they're meds even if they are on those
like these.

In fact they are afraid of these, what with all the horror stories they hear about them all the time. Then
society always looking down on them like they are some sort of a junkie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.