Was the opioids thing a bad idea? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Default Was the opioids thing a bad idea?

What about those people who really need it, even for a short time, and aren't junkies. Chronic pain can effect the entire body, even kill you, or prevent healing. So, the effected shovel down aspirin and ibuprofen at the same time.Which causes other adverse health conditions. I think it was a bad idea and poorly thought out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:50 PM

Yes, it seemed to be one of those hysteria's we experience , the way the elites control the herd.
Good thing there are other alternatives, wild lettuce, kratom, etc.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #3 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodshot View Post
Yes, it seemed to be one of those hysteria's we experience , the way the elites control the herd.
Good thing there are other alternatives, wild lettuce, kratom, etc.
She prescribed me Tramadol. To first get rid of that horrible pain. So she could get a grip on this.
The pain was causing other health problems. Can't sleep can't eat things like that.
She told me she was going to hit this thing aggressively, and she did. So they can still prescribe
it. Yes it has helped amazingly well, but they strictly ration it and to only certain patients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Amazing, this is the first time in three weeks I've been able to stand up and walk like I'm not a cripple.
And don't have the shakes. Thank you Lord Jesus, and Doctor McGill.

Last edited by Argent11; 09-04-2019 at 10:00 PM.
post #5 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

She hit this nail right on the head. This is the first morning in nearly three weeks where Ive woke up up
and wasn't in excruciating pain. I think it's more due to the muscle relaxer, and anti inflammation
meds than anything else. I had only taken one of the pain pills ( Tramadol ) and that was yesterday
afternoon. I'm going to see how long I can go without them.

It's hard to beat a good MD who actually cares about you. And Kelly McGill is one of those. This is twice now she's done something like this for me, without talking surgery.
post #6 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:16 PM

I've heard it said back surgery is a leading cause of back problems.
Commanding the pain to leave in Jesus name is getting easier and easier here.
He requires first place in our lives, so I seek Him and His protection, provision, blessing and favor before anything happens, we can make ourselves untouchable by the enemy from sickness, disease, accidents, etc.
best wishes

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #7 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodshot View Post
I've heard it said back surgery is a leading cause of back problems.
Commanding the pain to leave in Jesus name is getting easier and easier here.
He requires first place in our lives, so I seek Him and His protection, provision, blessing and favor before anything happens, we can make ourselves untouchable by the enemy from sickness, disease, accidents, etc.
best wishes
Doctor McGill is a Christian who prays for her patients. One of the RNs told me that, a fairly young Doctor
from Colorado. Who is up on all the new techniques and treatments. Like when they were going to send
me to Lubbock for invasive surgery on my shoulder. She got involved and said nonsense, he still has
full range of motion it's only badly inflamed and causeing pain. There is nothing else showing on the
X Ray.

She took a big syringe filled with some kind of new steroid drug and injected it into my shoulder joint. Hours later, it was all gone, a little sore but that was it. Good shot, I think sometimes Jesus guides the hands
hands of the Doctor.

Last edited by Argent11; 09-05-2019 at 12:40 PM.
post #8 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:38 PM

History may not repeat itself but it certainly rhymes.

Opioids have a history of ruining lives. It also has incredible powers to relieve pain. This hasnít changed a bit, what changes is availability and collective memory of the cost benefit ratios involved.

What was not so long ago considered end of life drugs have been marketed as very nearly a lifestyle drug. In the end both are suffering addicts and those at the end of life.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
post #9 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:49 PM

the va sends meds to me monthly. if I did not take them I could not walk 100 ft, if you hurt bad enough you will take anything. I tried booze for awhile. did not work. over the counter pain meds kill your liver or kidneys. read side effects of Advil and like meds. life aint much good being controlled by pain. take the meds and be happy you have a good doctor that cares.
post #10 of 119 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:55 PM

Yes David, I have come to believe some Drs. are indeed blessed and operate with His guidance, most of us must learn to pray as Jesus prayed, and in the Spirit as He did.
We didn't learn it in church.
The video from Audrey Mack is illuminating for a person, her ministry is strong Holy Spirit.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page