Flu shots - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Default Flu shots

any of you ever get sick from a flu shot?

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 10:04 AM

Gun Cabinet

I have never gotten sick from a Flu shot. You need to be feeling good for a week or so before you get one, not just getting over a cold or sniffles. My opinion, I'm not a doctor...
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

Nope, never, been getting a flu shot every year for years, same for the wife, never got sick, maybe an achy arm, but rarely. Getting one at Kaiser has always been quick and easy, but this year was a little different, Kaiser decided to have a fire drill just as we(wife and I) stepped into the treatment room. 30 minutes later we were back in and got the injections.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 08:28 AM

Yes , doc felt I was reacting to something in the shot but not the main components. That was the only one I have had.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 08:36 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootall3 View Post
Yes , doc felt I was reacting to something in the shot but not the main components. That was the only one I have had.
Me too, the worst case of the flu that I ever got was for 4 days immediately after getting the shot. I won't do that again. I work in a grade school where the flu runs rampant this time of year but I never get it. I guess my immune system is strong from lots of exposure.....maybe?
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

I know if I get a sniffle about 2 or 3 days after volunteering at the VA I take a Oil of Oregano gel capsule and I don't get sick, nothing "settles in".
Living in a rural area we are not exposed to the "crud" till we go to a city and I.C. gets everyone from everywhere, and then the VA does as well.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 11:03 AM

This year I felt horrible for a day after the shot. Just aches and exhausted feeling. Don't know if it was the shot or not. Never any ill effects before and I will continue getting it after skipping last year and ending up sick for 2 weeks.

Professional critter chaser
Go WVU Mountaineers!
Hey, our mascot carries a muzzleloader!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 01:16 PM

When I got the inhaled version (a couple times before 50), I got the sniffles, but it was no big deal. I've had bad colds, none that were diagnosed as the flu, but if flu is worse than a bad cold I don't want it, so I'll keep getting my shots.

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 01:23 PM

When the flu shots first came out the company I worked for sent a nurse around to every area and every employee had to have one. No lost time from flu for our workers. It backfired and every one at my area came down with the flu and the company flu shot went away. Fast forward a lot of years and a different company and I was asked at my annual physical if I had gotten my flu shot. Doctor and I had a discussion about flu shots. He explained the difference between the old and new vaccines and since he had been my family doctor for many years I trusted him and took the shot with no ill effects. My wife and I have received the shot ever since with no ill effects and they don't even hurt when injected. This year we got the super shot and could tell no difference than the regular shot. No pain, no side effects, no nothing really except removing the band aid they stick on you.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Great, I felt "icky" for a few days, haven't had one ever that I recall, not a fan of having stuff pumped into the body.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in