Gout! Home remedies anyone - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 09:54 AM

On a site that sells herbal/homeopathic supplements they have one for this that lists celery seed and tart cherry as the main ingredients.

"Let's bring back the good old GBO. where the men were men & the sheep knew it!"
----------------------and the women glad of it--------------------------:

-----------------"How d'you Expect to Die if ya Dodge Everything?"--------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 08:08 PM

Ask for a script of Endomethycin . Itíll get you past a flare up, but itís not a cure. Itís also one of those things thatíll give you stomach issues before the heart attack.

But I call them my little green miracles. Any inflammation issues are knocked right in the dirt, right now. Sadly Iím all out of them and getting another bunch is something I put off. 30 lasted me 3 1/2 years. I doled them out like gold eagles.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 08:05 AM

Donít drink anything but spring water, and plenty of it. Itís ok to run it over a few coffee beans of a morning. But just fresh clear spring water will flush out your system.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 11:31 AM

As a long time Gout sufferer I will advise you to go to your doctor and determine why uric acid levels are eleavated. Get blood test for uric acid levels. I take a product rx Allpurinoll to help regulate uric acid level in body. Eat and drink foods that are more alkaline than acidic. When a gout flare up does occur a product rx Colcrys will nuke the pain and give you a clean flush. Gout sucks, up there with Migraines. My issues are result of anti rejection meds from liver transpant impairing kidney fuction. Determine the cause for your uric acid issues and you will be on the road to be less symptomatic.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 12:24 PM
TM7

I had a few brutal gout attacks while doing the low carb high protein Atkin's diet. Uric acid needle shaped crystals can precipitate in joints as a by-product of nitrogenous food digestion; which would be proteins and food additives..

My advice is to learn how to use colcichine (Colcrys) to breakup an acute attack in a half hour. Indomethicin helps but the attack can drag on for days. Colcichine is a plant hormone that goes back to Egyptian time and can dissolve uric acid rapidly if you know how to use it.

But doctors like to prescribe Indomethicin, and get you on Allipurinol for life. Try to avoid that if possible.

Additionally, hydrate, hydrate, HYDRATE and flush. Watch intake of nitogenous foods . Moderate alcohol intake which can aggravate uric acid crystal precipitation. Mega dose of Vit C can help solubilize uric acid, too. Best bet imo is to keep colcichine on hand and alert first sharp twinge in any joints.

Gouty arthritis can be very serious, actually horribly terminal in the old days.
.TM7
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 01:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to justonemorear

I used Ibuprofen, 4 every hour w 16oz. of water for 4 hours. Thinned the blood enough for it to pass( had it in my big toe)
Was told Cider vinegar, didn't work. Tried cherries til I got tired of them.

Found that if was from sulfates in processed food that triggered mine. So I cut out most things I like or find comparable alternatives( the taste is sometimes there, not the pain)

When it absolutely needs to be there, reload

Pareo Nullus (Obey None)
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 02:16 PM

Never had Gout, but I sure did with sciatica. You want to talk about pain? Now that's debilitating pain.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM7 View Post
I had a few brutal gout attacks while doing the low carb high protein Atkin's diet. Uric acid needle shaped crystals can precipitate in joints as a by-product of nitrogenous food digestion; which would be proteins and food additives..

My advice is to learn how to use colcichine (Colcrys) to breakup an acute attack in a half hour. Indomethicin helps but the attack can drag on for days. Colcichine is a plant hormone that goes back to Egyptian time and can dissolve uric acid rapidly if you know how to use it.

But doctors like to prescribe Indomethicin, and get you on Allipurinol for life. Try to avoid that if possible.

Additionally, hydrate, hydrate, HYDRATE and flush. Watch intake of nitogenous foods . Moderate alcohol intake which can aggravate uric acid crystal precipitation. Mega dose of Vit C can help solubilize uric acid, too. Best bet imo is to keep colcichine on hand and alert first sharp twinge in any joints.

Gouty arthritis can be very serious, actually horribly terminal in the old days.
.TM7

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 11:40 AM

Yeah, I'm here with ya bro. About 72 was my first encounter with the gout. This old body has known pain in most if not all places, but this was as excruciating as any I've ever known. Whoa!
1- Cut out or way back on beer if you so indulge. Drink lots of water instead.
2- Get you some ginger root, shred it and mix with honey and eat it.
3- Good Luck
Worked for me. I still enjoy a beer occasionally, but not many(it don't take as many as it used to) and if I feel it coming on, get out the ginger.
Walt
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 01:01 PM

Pickled ginger is a great condiment.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page