blood pressure - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Default blood pressure

Anyone trying to lower their BP naturally , I want to get off prescription BP meds,They have to many side effects .

Mice die in traps because they dont understand why the cheese is free .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 07:32 PM

Gun Cabinet

First stop using salt if you use it for cooking. My wife uses no salt for cooking. If you need a LITTLE, use a LITTLE. Since your body needs salt I pick one item out of the meal and put a LITTLE salt on it. Doing this lowered my blood pressure 20-25 what ever the unit of measurement is...

I have lost some weight by stopping snacking between meals. I'm not counting carbs but watching them.

The blood pressure drop was fairly quick, like a month. The weight loss is going much slower...

Good Luck.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old scar View Post
First stop using salt if you use it for cooking. My wife uses no salt for cooking. If you need a LITTLE, use a LITTLE. Since your body needs salt I pick one item out of the meal and put a LITTLE salt on it. Doing this lowered my blood pressure 20-25 what ever the unit of measurement is...

I have lost some weight by stopping snacking between meals. I'm not counting carbs but watching them.

The blood pressure drop was fairly quick, like a month. The weight loss is going much slower...

Good Luck.
20 Point drop is very good , Its going to take some discipline to give up the sodium , But I got to try .

Mice die in traps because they dont understand why the cheese is free .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 11:08 PM

Gun Cabinet

Yes, it will be tough but it is a matter of life and death... Insisting my wife not to use salt for cooking made it easier. She is a very good cook and thought not cooking with salt might be a problem, turns out it wasn't. We also use "unsalted butter" which when my kids visit they absolutely hate on toast... They are addicted to salt.

The only time my wife will use salted butter and salt is during the holidays when she bakes traditional family breads and cookies that require salt in the dough recipes and then she uses a minimal amount.

As I mentioned I use a little on one item in the meal. It will take a little getting used to but you CAN do it. Good luck.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 11:54 PM

grapefruit
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 03:31 AM

I quit using salt years ago. Replaced it with sweet and hot chilie peppers in my food. Gives it seasoning and flavor without the harmful effects of salt.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 10:49 AM

You can always use Mrs. Dash. It works pretty good for a salt substitute.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 11:11 AM

I’ve gotten used to using Jalapeños and other chilies. I eat them at every meal. Buy 50 or do every week. Miss dash not for me. I’ve used it in the past and no salt and several others. I’ll stick with peppers, onions, garlic, etc. I’ll stick with natural flavors to spice up my food.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 11:25 AM
Dee

Well I'm sittin at home because I have small intestine trying to perforate
Clear liquid for 2 more days, or face consequences.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 02:02 PM

How high is your BP? I'm no doctor and am not giving advice, but imo, unless I had family with BP related early deaths I would shy away from medication. A lot of times hereditary high BP is just that and the pharm side effects can be worse than the high BP. I am adverse from taking any long term medications and have been told for at least 4 different medications that I would be on them for life. I'm on no medications and am healthy as can be expected for a 50 year old...

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in