Medicare wellness exam - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

The young RN giving the exam sure was asking a lot of questions about living alone and caring for myself
right off the bat. Until I told her I was married, then she said OH and started looking through her laptop.
She was seeing a few other people that morning, I wondered if she might have been a rookie and had me mixed up with someone else.

The whole thing seemed a little bit confusing right at first. Like when she asked me about careing for my diabetes.And watching over my recommended diet, I'm not a diabetic. So who wouldn't be a bit suspicious
of it?

Last edited by Argent11; 03-16-2020 at 11:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 11:36 AM

Didn't she ask your name and birthdate at the start? I've found that to be pretty much standard procedure with any health care visit now.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
Didn't she ask your name and birthdate at the start? I've found that to be pretty much standard procedure with any health care visit now.
She didn't at first I was just scheduled for an appointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

She just walked in and started asking questions and telling me who she was. While looking at her computer.
I knew the nurse who greeted me and took me to the exam room, her name is Kelly but she's a regular
there. This other one was a traveling nurse from Albuquerque.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 06:32 PM

I had my annual exam last spring. I reported a minor problem. Doctor ordered a colon exam and a CAT scan. Found Stage 1 kidney tumor and a Stage 1 colon cancer. Both removed with no treatment necessary for either. Glad I had the Medicare annual wellness exam.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2020, 05:26 PM

The VA gives me what I refer to as my million mile check up every 6 months nothing about guns, nothing about how often I have sex they do ask if I have anyone near me to check in on me, yes 2 sons one next door and one 3 miles down the road which comes by every morning. Yes I can cook, wash my clothes, clean my own house and they can see by my chart and how well I am doing. If I don't like my doctor I can request and get a new one. But in Going to the VA I have only had one doctor that was finally fired because of the complaints, he was worthless. The one I have now is a woman around 65 I would guess and she ask me for advice and I ask her for advice and we get along great. Most all the women doctors that I have had at the VA were much better then the men. I had to get used to them sticking their finger up my but, otherwise they were great. She always ask is there anything that you feel I need to take a look at and see what is going on with you, if yes I tell her she examines what ever it is, we discuss it she makes suggestions for treatment and we go from there. I always thank her for taking special care of me and we make a date for 6 months from the day. I have my Medicare, and a good supplement and they bill them for my care and I have a small copay.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-21-2020, 08:08 PM
dcw

Lightbulb

I have no complaints about my Medicare….annual check up is no problem, normally.

lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page