prostate - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 10:04 AM

I have BPH, I'm taking finasteride 5mg which shrinks the prostate to a point. I saw results within a few weeks and haven't seen any side effects, It has definitely helped but after a while I didn't see any more improvement. My urologist wants me to stay on it for now.

I tried Tamusulosin and it didn't help at all.

I've also tried the natural stuff like Saw Palmetto, Beta Sistosterol and Pygeum. Saw Palmetto didn't help me any and neither did Beta Sistosterol. Pygeum actually does help me though, I get noticeably better urine flow with pygeum. A big enough difference that I keep taking it. I buy it from Amazon. Another benefit of pygeum is you'll shoot bigger loads LOL. When I was researching it I realized some people actually take it just for that purpose. I intentionally didn't say anything to my girlfriend to see if she'd notice and after a week of taking it the results were in. She asked what the heck was going on with me down there LOL so I had to fess up.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 02:22 PM

Saw palmetto worked for me. I guess it's an individual thing.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEACONLLB View Post
I have found that AZO with goless...
Please elaborate. What is AZO? What is "goless?" If I can get relief without a prescription, I'm interested...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 04:09 PM

AZO is a over the counter thing for the urinary track. I had been having some problem with unitary track infection and my VA doctor put me on a antibiotic for a week or so and it really helped but several weeks later I started to notice a slight recurring so I called my doctor to renew my meds and the nurse called me and said that I would need to come in and be checked when this Covid-19 was over but said go to Walmart and get you some AZO with bladder control, drink lots of cranberry juice and water and that will take care of it. I googled it and found out what it was for. The first box of pills that I got was just AZO and it was loaded I think with cranberry powder as it turned the my pee blood red, read the side affects and said this was natural but would or could stain your clothes. Then I saw a ad on tv of all things for AZO with bladder control so I came back to the PC and looked it up and sure enough they have it with bladder control and goless I was having a slight problem with dripping and could not pass the restroom with out a stop. The dripping has stopped but the urge to go is only a little better, **** to get old and things wear out.
I have also did some reading on prostrate health and all that is involved and pumpkin seed oil extract or the seeds themselves seem to help some and there were also several other things like saw palmetto. I do remember back in the late sixties during the hippie movement that pumpkin seeds were really promoted for sexual health. Yes I know and understand that Prostrate cancer cannot be healed with over the counter meds. removal or other treatments have to be used. Prostrates increase in size over the years late in life for a number of reasons one of which is slowing down on sexual relations but not the only reason. There are many wild claims in advertising and one has to be carful and do the research what works for one does not work for all but I do think that a doctor or nurse would not recommend taking something if it was not proven to work in some This prostate med my doctor gave me works a little but not great. Each person is different what works for you might not work for me. On this sight we strive to help each other with our problems be it cars trucks food guns or medical problems, we must look at the information and make up our own minds. Even going to a doctor is not a guarantee that they can fix the problem that is why a doctor say he has a practice, they are practicing physicians and they practice on us but they are way better now than they were 75 years ago and they can in some cases work wonders

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 11:02 AM

There's a pretty new out patient or office visit procedure without complications.
Looks promising- -->

https://www.treatmybph.com/bph-patie...ith-rezum.html

Worth checking out I think.
TM77
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM77 View Post
There's a pretty new out patient or office visit procedure without complications.
Looks promising- -->

https://www.treatmybph.com/bph-patie...ith-rezum.html

Worth checking out I think.
TM77
I'm considering that treatment at some point.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 01:46 PM

Brother in law was outfitted with Urolift and have not heard any complaints. https://www.urolift.com/what-is-urolift..

TUMT. Transurethral microwave treatment followed by tamsulosin Rx.

Laser surgery. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...t/pac-20384871

TURP. Transurethral resection of prostate. http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-proc...t/pac-20384880
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 08:25 AM

It's really something the way us older guys change the subject matter we talk about as we get old. Sad but true. I was trying Beta Sito Sterol for a while. looked to be working for a short time, but back where I was now.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 06:23 PM

Life isn’t kind when you get old. Men need help because they can’t pee and women have the opposite problem and leak. Saw palmetto works when you first star having problems but eventually it isn’t enough. Flowmax (tamsulosin) is much more effective and with my drug plan is dirt cheap. In fact it is cheaper than saw palmetto.

Last edited by oldandslow; 05-09-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page