The saddest song you have ever heard,

16K views 255 replies 38 participants last post by  Argent11 
#1 ·
This is mine. Tell me yours.

#7 ·
^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing else comes close.

#5 · (Edited)
That situation has happened thousands of times! As I recall some guys got "Dear John letters" as early as basic training (4-8 weeks).

The guys who handled it right, took the letter as good information..figuring, "better to find out her nature now, rather than later, such as after marriage".

One fellow I served with from New Jersey, got just such a letter during is basic training. He faced it the best way he could..

That was way back in 1955, when we stored our M1s in racks in our barracks. Upon receiving the letter, he took her picture, frame and all, outdoors.

Then he got several of us "volunteers" to take our rifles out near where the garbage can enclosure stood.

First, using his entrenching tool, he dug a shallow 'grave', placed the picture with glass & frame, into the grave, and drove it down with a rifle butt.

Then after interring, we held a mock 'rifle salute'..and Pvt Kersey did a pretty good imitation of 'Taps'..even without an instrument..

Then the Dear John recipient, went ahead with his life and never looked back.

#8 ·
this-

i could explain but it'd be too long and drawn out :tango_face_crying: :tango_face_crying:

#9 · (Edited)
Bill, et al, for some, when tagging a YouTube video on GBO since the VS software changeover, it has become necessary to:

1.) RIGHT CLICK on the video
2.) COPY the URL link
3.) EXECUTE a new Internet Explorer Window
4.) PASTE the link in the Task Bar of the new Explorer Window
5.) VIEW the video at YouTube.

The video link is above, imbedded in the picture, as copied here [text]https://youtu.be/IZbN_nmxAGk[/text] if you wish to copy it to view it.

#12 ·
Terrific Ballad orerancher. Very poignant. Were you aware the families were initially incensed by the song, that is until they became aware that ALL proceeds from the song were being directed to the sons and the wives and the daughters.

#24 ·
Here is another one so sad that Lori died so young by todays standards

Deaconllb

#26 ·
mine varies.......

#30 ·
Arms of an Angel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.