Graybeard Outdoors banner

Request line for those who may have a favorite song

1K views 25 replies 4 participants last post by  DEACONLLB 
#1 ·
Trying to keep this forum moving along so this new forum is for request only please, if you have a favorite song that is not too far out request here and I will post it for you. I am doing a little copy cat thing here.

Deaconllb

#4 ·
When it comes to music, I guess I am an "odd man out". I never took to rock & roll, rock, rap, hip hop or any of the current idiom..

..And as I have indicated... the LYRICS are of primary importance..and I look toward the music as a "carrier" of the lyrics, instead of vice=versa !

With all that said..here's one I truly enjoy..

#6 ·
You will notice I said copy cat

Deaconllb

#25 ·
Boy am I diverse Argent. I like all of that old stuff! Pink Floyd's " Another Brick in the Wall", The Who's "I can See for Miles", Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird". They were from darker time in my life and I never want to go back there.... those songs are reminders.

Another one is from Casting Crowns..."Set Me Free". Reminds of when I hit rock bottom and considered kicking my own bucket. I was running from God only He ran faster and caught up with me. If His grace is sufficient for me then it is for anybody out there.....and it is!

#18 ·
Thanks deacon; That's the song ..and the singer. Funny how life goes..I gave him his first gun when he was about 14.. a Marlin .22LR (model 25N)

Who could know what it would lead to? He fell in love with guns..and after 8 years as a Spec ops Marine..he is now a weapons expert, working for NATO !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.