A couple of recients - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Default A couple of recients

I don't get a lot of doubles, but I sure do smile when I do. Hope they make you smile too.
Here are a couple of my doubles from this year and one of my companion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3404.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	191650  

Name:	IMG_3495.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	191658  

Name:	IMG_3498.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	191706  

Thanks,
Trapper Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 05:57 PM

Outstanding ,a target rich environment and a good trapper = good time !!!!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 06:32 PM

Great pictures, thanks for posting. Nice to have a dog on the trapline.... post more pics when you get them... appreciate your time and effort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

So far we've had a good year. My grandsons and I started the first of November. On a 2-3 day check so far we haven't had a dry run. Kind of feel like we're running on borrowed time. We're up to 56 coyotes, 5 fox, 2 badgers and a skunk. Cat season opens up on Thursday the 14th. That's where the excitement is. Last year our high cat went for $927 with an average of $665. Hope we get some good cat pictures to show you.

Thanks,
Trapper Jack
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 09:27 AM

Nice take, nice last yrs prices.... here in Wi it takes close to ten yrs to get ONE cat tag and then our cats are rabbit backs and not many with good spots and belly not pure white.... I still get them in my yote sets and believe it or not mink cubby sets so you cant say cats wont get their feet wet. I put noose around the neck and quickly let go...havent have one expire yet, knock on wood. Will be waiting for yr cat pics and grandchildren behind the catches....
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 09:57 AM

Trapper-Jack
Nice job on the yotes it's always cool to get a double. My son and I only had a half dozen yote sets out for couple days this fall, with one yote just missing the pan.. it happens..

RdFx
The boy and I had our first ever WI Bobcat cat in a coyote set this fall. Boy choked it down and I popped the trap loose. I told the kid not to choke it to tight or to long might kill the cat. Man he wasn't in the loop long and still got all weird. I kept saying let it loose and when the kid released the catch pole I was nervous for a minute or two. That cat sat there like a drunk for few seconds then staggered few feet sat back down. Finally got it's wits about it a shot off into the bush just a bit wobbly. Whole thing really took only a minute or two, but felt like long time when cat acted so dopey so quick. Would have been easy to put down.
Seen as we caught the one we did where we did and we've seen other in the area. I'm going to put in for a tag for next fall, see can I catch just one. Think I have like 13 point towards a tag?

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up!"
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 10:08 AM

I have 11 pts I think as well, not enough around here to pull a tag for so I need to set up a hunt up north somewhere or do a trapline for a week or so up there...

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 03:10 PM

I have a hard time understanding Wisconsins tag system. I am right across the border here in MN. Eveyone can take 5 bobcat,4 otter and a combination of 2 marten and fisher,in MN.
Tom

Yes I am a trap supply dealer.
Yes I have Lenons Muskrat,coyote,fox,Bobcat,fisher and Marten--4 ounce lures.
(651)436-2539
Also Blackies Blend ,his entire line of 1 and 4
0z. lures and his baits .Also my MoundMaster beaver Lures.
Wiebe knives and fleshing tools ,Too.

Last edited by Bogmaster; 12-17-2017 at 07:37 PM.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 04:35 PM

There are a lot of odd methodologies with the WDNR... They are loosening otter tags a bit though.

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

First cat check of the season today. Two sets of tracks within 100 yards of two of our sets but nothing in any of the traps. We did score on four coyotes though. It was a little cool early and the grandson didn't want to take off the face mask. Later it warmed up to just below freezing and it was nice.

Thanks,
Trapper Jack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page