Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trapping Discussion (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/31-trapping-discussion.html)
-   -   Atllaw (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/31-trapping-discussion/357018-atllaw.html)

Bogmaster 01-27-2018 08:49 PM

Atllaw

Richard,what have you been catching?
Tom

atllaw 01-28-2018 09:30 AM

Not even flys Tom... :o

I've got a dozen reasons why I haven't made it to the farm so far, but I will... soon... ! :tango_face_wink: I need to get down there to check my trail cams, cut some wood and open up a couple of trails. I can do that in a couple of days, then go back for an extended stay. :tango_face_smile_bi

The season ends Feb 28th for everything but coyotes and beaver which are open all year 'round. So I still have some time.

I need a few more things so I was going to give you a call. The way I look at it, I've waited over 60 years to try trapping again so even if I never do with all the gear I've accumulated you'll be able to retire from the business and someone will get a complete outfit when I die!

Bogmaster 01-28-2018 11:44 AM

Well you have the right attitude Richard. Trap to enjoy yourself and help control animal populations.With to many-its all about the money.If the money isn't big,they aren't going to trap.
Is your deer season still on?
Tom

atllaw 01-28-2018 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogmaster (Post 2055549002)
Well you have the right attitude Richard. Trap to enjoy yourself and help control animal populations.With to many-its all about the money.If the money isn't big,they aren't going to trap.
Is your deer season still on?
Tom

Deer season closed Jan 15th. I got down for the last few days, saw 5 the first day but nada after that. 'course I didn't hunt real hard... :rolleyes: First time since I-don't-know-when that I haven't killed a deer. :tango_face_crying: Spent my hunting time chasing one particular buck. This is him running does opening morning; about 30 minutes before I got in my stand which is about 25 yards behind him... Sadly, no pictures of him after Nov 23d. Hope he made it through the season...

atllaw 01-28-2018 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a small buck but I posted this so you can see why I need to put a dent into the 'coon population!

Bogmaster 01-28-2018 01:27 PM

LOL,you do have coon.
Had to laugh when getting your order together.It was almost exactly the same as one I had yesterday at our district 6 meeting.This was for a brand new trapper and he was 72 Richard,his wife came with and said she was his helper.
Expect to also pick up coon with what you ordered.Cats,canines coon,possum and skunk.LOL,thought I would warn you about the skunk--they are attracted to most everything.
Tom

Bogmaster 01-29-2018 09:18 PM

Richard,your order will be at your door on Wednesday. Keep us up to date on how you are doing.
Tom

atllaw 01-29-2018 10:41 PM

Great Tom! I plan on heading to the farm Thursday so the timing is perfect. I'll probably do a couple of coon sets while I'm cutting trails and firewood.

Oh! I've never seen a skunk way down there in south Jawja! But I'd like one! It'd make a real purdy hat!!! I wonder where that stink sack be...

Bogmaster 01-29-2018 10:47 PM

LOL--you catch one and you will quickly find the stink apparatus.We will go into how to avoid problems with big stinky ,at a later date.
Tom