Why does my gun recoil worse than it used to? - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 07:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to gene_225
Default What a hoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene_225 View Post
Although I resemble the rest of you, I just got a Blackhawk in .45 LC/ACP. I think it will be ok, but if not, I'll load with Trailboss.
Don't need the Trailboss yet. It was great fun to shoot and didn't hurt either when I shot it. I may change the grips since I noticed that when it warmed up and I took my gloves off, the grip was slick and harder to hold properly. My other BH, in .357, has rubber grips. If the frames are the same, I'll try moving them to be sure that is what I really want.
Anyway, it was a hoot to shoot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 12:55 PM

With age comes infirmities. Since if you aren't aging you are dead I'll take the infirmities. I'm learning to live with mine and it's an ongoing process. The 44 magnum has become a 44 special and the 50-140 has become a 50-70 and the 30-06 is waiting on some reduced handloads. I'm still tough enough for 357 handguns and 22-250 rifles as that's the largest caliber I have below the 30-06.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 07:19 AM

When I skip taking tumeric and a little black pepper each day my hands start to stiffen and recoil becomes an issue, good thing most of us have developed our shooting skills to where we can be confident in our accuracy with smaller calibers.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page