If I could have only one gun? - Page 6 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:26 AM

My choice would be my Colt 1911A1. Reason being, I've owned it for 30yrs and can hit with it at unreasonable distances....oh and I have a gazillion rounds for it. If I had another choice it would be my Ruger 22/45 which I have another gazillion rounds. Don't ask what a gazillion is, I've only counted that far twice.

Professional critter chaser
Go WVU Mountaineers!
Hey, our mascot carries a muzzleloader!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 12:14 PM
Dee

Well, some know I've been carrying a Glock 23 for years.
I just bought a Kimber K6s and ran some 158 grain 357 mags thru it. Not bad.
Then I bought some 125 grainers.
Painfull, I fired 4 rounds and quit.
Back to the Glock 23.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

The Glock in 40 cal really hurt my hands. Anything over 38 special does anymore. So I Carry a 380.

Dee maybe you can sell your Kimber to shoot all. Hes looking for a 3 357.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old Today, 06:44 AM

I know this is a hunting section but how many of us NEED to hunt to survive. Me? If I had to pick one gun it would probably be a glock 23 or 19. It could defend my family, shoot small game and even close up larger game. Ammo is as easy to find as 22s and sometimes easier. I can load 9s for not much more $ then 22 shells cost using cast bullets(less during shortages) and dont have to worry about the supply drying up.
BUT ONLY ONE?? glock 23 or 19.

Add a rifle? Another no brainer. Ar15 with a 1x4 scope on it or if you don't like ars something like a ruger American ranch in 223 that uses ar mags. Again it could protect my family and take deer out to 200 yards and even head shoot small game.

Give me a 3rd? A 12 or 20 gauge thank you. Personally I don't see a whole lot of use for a 22 and it would be way down on the bottom of my choices. Ok to pot small game but so is a centerfire pistol. Poor for self defense and poor for big game. If it had to be a 22lr make mine a mark II that I can at least shoot and load fast. But in my opinion the 22 pistol is just to much of a compromise unless were invaded by squirrels and there the only animal left to eat or have an invasion of alien beer cans cyborgs.

All that aside what the heck would I do in retirement if I couldn't cast and load?? Lots of other good choices for a handgun. a K frame 38, 1911, any other glock sig or m&p, black ruger ect in 9,40 or 45acp. All much more versatile for an all around gun. Especially if you handload. Ill put it this way. Look at the biggest not the smallest thing you may have to kill and that's where you should start. To much is allways better then not enough and the 22lr is chuck full of not enough.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; Today at 06:50 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in