Graybeard Outdoors banner

Muley Buck, Antelope, and a Yote

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  xphunter 
#1 ·
Without help from Chris, I would have never got this done, as it would have been physically impossible. Chris packed my mule deer out for me, and he helped me quarter every animal. I got released from more limitations, but I am still as weak as a kitten, and wear out quick. I had a great time and even borrowed two of Chris's revolvers too boot. Feels good to get back in the saddle!
I did some hunting last week with a variety of handguns. It was a great week!
Mule Deer at 280ish yards with a 6.5 Creed XP-100 142 LR AB off of a tri-pod with Hog Saddle type clamp

Buck antelope with my 44 Magnum Franken-Ruger at around 110 yards-240 grain XTP (Black Hills Ammo)

Doe antelope with a 686 S&W at 124 yards. 158 grain XTP FP

Doe antelope at 255 yards with a 6 BR XP-100 Old School Remington Factory ammo 100 grain Corelokt

Coyote with a Performance Center 44 Mag at 91 yards - 240 grain Sierra JHP

See less See more
#4 ·
Mmm, gonna be eating well.

Both Mule Deer and Antelope intrigue me. I’ve been Elk hunting this past decade, and driving past thousands of those beautiful animals has put a craving on me.

The mountains are getting steeper every year. My hunting pards are beginning to age out.

Congratulations on the good hunting and improving health.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

#8 ·
Thanks guys!
It is a blessing to live in this part of the world.
I have a elk tag cow/calf to fill now.
Waiting on some snow to come in (push the elk down) to be able to hunt that, and for some time for me to get stronger as well.
I actually can work hard enough in physical therapy, to truly sweat for the first time yesterday. It has been hard being patient, but now I can begin to get back some endurance ans strength.
I have had a number of people help me, when I couldn't do much of anything-True friends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.