Small pocket guns. - Page 4 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 01:49 PM

Groo here
I go toward 9mm for pocket guns because 380 cost more [then ] and a little extra wu-powin the shorter barrel.
I have since been looking at the Long Barrel, 380 and 32's.
The single stack ones are flat still hold more than a revolver ,get more speed from the shell, easy to shoot,and easy to hit with.
If you can't carry something bigger , there is much to be said for them.[after all JMB knew his stuff]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 01:38 PM

Gun Cabinet

I looked at a Colt New Agent last weekend but, alas, everything I owned was junk and his was gold(to LGS dealer).
Steve

"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson." Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA,AF&AM #294 Mohamed's Shrine, and York Rite bodies of Bloomington Il. LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years,/now retired!
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
I looked at a Colt New Agent last weekend but, alas, everything I owned was junk and his was gold(to LGS dealer).
Steve
Ah but don't be discouraged, your junk will turn to gold as soon as it hits his table.

The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va rifleman View Post
So far, only one mention of a J frame??? Have not shot one, but I lust after a Model 360PD. At 11.7 oz it may be a handful though a 38 SP wad cutter target load may be just fine. Like the big fiber front sight. Somewhat pricey though. Any drawback with the J frame S&W models cut for moon clips?
I've several J frames, two of which are 360J. You won't find these in the S&W catalog, but the SKU is 160360. Same Scandium frame as the 360PD, with a carbon steel cylinder(38 +P only) and weighing 14.7oz. Each was purchased new for less than $400 last year. The extended grips are the same as the S&W 360.

I don't pocket carry, but this revolver is one of my favorites for carry. With a inexpensive DeSantis Sof-Tuck, it disappears, to the point I sometimes forget I'm carrying.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 08:38 PM

I haven't carried a pocket gun in some time now, but the two I have are still in the safe, should I feel the need.
The little kel tec p32, the smallest of them. When I got it, the 380 version hadn't been out long, and a friend who had both said the 32 was scary accurate, way more so than the 380. Well, a hit with a 32 beats a miss with a 380.
A few yrs later, the little polish p64 pistols were coming in at decent prices. Basically their version of a makarov, chambered in the makarov caliber. It's quite accurate as well. Did some trigger work, since it took two men and a boy to pull it da. A little larger and more powerful than the 32, but still less than the glock 19, kimber compact stainless 1911, or bhp that are my normal carry guns.
The g19 has seen the most over the last several yrs, just haven't been going places where the smaller guns were preferred/needed.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotejoe View Post
Surprised I don't see more votes for the Ruger LC-9. I once thought the Keltec P380 was the ideal and got myself one of the first I could find. I gave it the "fluff &buff" before I ever fired it. The trigger was not bad after polishing and I never experience a single malfunction after trying every type of ammo I could find but recoil was flat out nasty. I made a pocket holster for it that I could carry in a hip pocket to resemble a wallet and it was totally comfortable to carry but just no fun at all to shoot so after a few years of it sitting in a drawer I sold it to someone who just had to have it.
I carry a LC9s. Have for years. I have never had a problem with it. I shoot it well and love the upgraded trigger from the original LC9. I carried the LC9 for a couple of years and loved the gun, but hated the trigger. The long and hard pull just wasn't for me.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 12:38 AM

Baby Browning
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 08:46 PM

LC9s Pro......

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 11:16 AM

S & W model 38 airweight been working for over 50 years. Not ammo sensitive , easy to clear a bad round and easy to operate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page