replacing my two truck guns - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Default replacing my two truck guns

Ive got a glock 29 in the jeep and a glock 43 in the pickup. Im replacing them with a couple smith shield 9s. I found the shields for 250 bucks and figure if they get banged around or stolen im only out half the money. Wife says im nuts that I just spent as much as one of those would cost to replace if it was stolen. She doesn't understand the fun of getting new guns! gave serious thought to a couple of the lcps with fixed sights but they were 210 and once you bought a second mag like the smiths come with your right up there anyway. Don't know if there any better or not. My wifes lc9 doesn't miss a beat but then either did the shield 40 my son in law conned me out of.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 07:16 AM

They're all good guns. I don't think any of the ones you mentioned are better or worse - just different.

Does your wife only buy shoes she "needs"?! In the interest of harmony at home probably best not to bring that subject up!
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 07:44 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
Ive got a glock 29 in the jeep and a glock 43 in the pickup. Im replacing them with a couple smith shield 9s. I found the shields for 250 bucks and figure if they get banged around or stolen im only out half the money. Wife says im nuts that I just spent as much as one of those would cost to replace if it was stolen. She doesn't understand the fun of getting new guns! gave serious thought to a couple of the lcps with fixed sights but they were 210 and once you bought a second mag like the smiths come with your right up there anyway. Don't know if there any better or not. My wifes lc9 doesn't miss a beat but then either did the shield 40 my son in law conned me out of.
That sounds just like it is around my house Lloyd! Dear, why do we even need a truck gun? Well, hun it's because there ain't enough cops to go around and besides I can outshoot all of the cops that I know so a truck gun is a must.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 08:14 AM
Banned

I've never seen the point of having a truck gun, or a boat gun or any kind of gun where I have to leave it. I always practice with what I carry and leave it that way. Seems to many guns are stolen from vehicles or homes because of not being locked up properly. My son in law has been a cop for going on 20 years and has told me of problems with people not keeping weapons locked up. Just call me old fashion I guess. I'm just glad my bedside gun wasn't stolen when our house was broken in years ago. Don't have to worry now living in a rv. I gave all but one gun to my grandkids.😅
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 08:50 AM
Dee

I don't leave guns in either of my vehicles.
Auto Glass isn't hard to break, and I am responsible for their security.
If a thief ends up committing a crime with my poorly secured, now stolen weapon, I can be charged. And rightfully so.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
If a thief ends up committing a crime with my poorly secured, now stolen weapon, I can be charged. And rightfully so.
Dee.

I guess my question is what constitutes poorly secured. I keep my Kahr CW45 in the glove box of my truck at times. Would that be considered poorly secured? I am not trying to be argumentative I would just like your opinion based upon your experience as a LEO.

CR

A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinslayer1965 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Dee.

I guess my question is what constitutes poorly secured. I keep my Kahr CW45 in the glove box of my truck at times. Would that be considered poorly secured? I am not trying to be argumentative I would just like your opinion based upon your experience as a LEO.

CR
Ist place a crook goes on breaking in a car unless it's in plain view is glove box or under seats.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 09:13 AM
Banned

I can see times where you have to leave your gun in the car but to make a habit of it, I think you are just inviting trouble.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
I can see times where you have to leave your gun in the car but to make a habit of it, I think you are just inviting trouble.
I do not leave it in there all the time. But occasionally it happens and was just wondering what if any liability I had.

CR

A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 09:57 AM
Banned

From what I've been told you are responsible. I'm sure you would have to pay for a very expensive lawyer anyway if you're gun ends up in wrong hands. I put mine in the trunk if I go to a place where I can't carry. I know that's not the best either but better than the glove box.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in