T/C scopes - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Default T/C scopes

How good are the older scopes compared to other brands. Who made them the T/C?

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American GI.
One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Last edited by rjinaz86323; 03-28-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 04:40 PM

Gun Cabinet

I collect the older TC scopes mostly for their nostalgic significance.
They work but their magnification and clarity isn't like an M8 Leupold w/4X. Redfield, Bushnell, Nikon are all superior.
They look great on an octagon barrel chambered in 357/44 B&D with a square grip!

Think twice, shoot once...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 05:15 PM

I have at least 5) 2.5 x 7 and 2) 2.5 x 7 illuminated cross hairs and 2) 3 x 9 TC Japan made handgun scopes on everything from .22lr. to 45-70 and never had a problem with them but I don't shoot hot loads in any of them except my .375 JDJ 14". I will buy most any I see as long as they don't have ring marks and finish flaws. They hold zero and have clear glass. I have heard they are made by the same company as the Jap made Simmons of days past but don't know for a fact. As far as the old Bushnell Phantom scopes I have a 1.5x and it makes thing look farther away and I wouldn't spend a penny on another one.
Happy shootin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:15 AM

I have an old fixed 3x T/C scope that has been very good. Good clarity, eye relief and a generous "eye box" (MUCH better eye box than either the Nikons or Leupolds). I've had this scope on several different barrels, including a 35 Rem and my 375 JDJ. Never given me a minute's worth of trouble, nor has it ever jumped zero adjustments.

I have no idea who made this one for T/C, but I wish I had a couple more of these.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 07:06 PM

I bought what they called back in 1992 the "Hunter Package". It was the Contender with a 12" 44 magnum with a T/C scope mounted on it. I'm not sure what the magnification on the scope is, it's not shown on the scope. If I had to guess I would say x2 or x3 with the illuminated cross hairs. It is still very clear and held zero since the day I bought it. I'm sure the new scopes with new technology are better. However the T/C scopes are very good scopes.

My buddies call it black death.

Jim

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those Who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Thomas Jefferson
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:27 PM

Have 2 of the older 1.5x T/C scopes, 1" tube conventional rings -- nice, general purpose scopes. Used one as a "scout scope" on a rifle for a while. Currently both are on .22 handguns.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page