Heritage arms 22 mag - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Default Heritage arms 22 mag

I want to get the Wife a Heritage 22 mag for Valentine's day 6.5 Barrell what grips or out there that a woman would like . She the kind that like to pack a pistol out in the woods that's why I married her . But want a good deal and a nice gun any ideas ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 01:00 PM

I think Heritage makes a variety of grips for their .22's. Wood, laminate, some colors. Don't know if anyone else makes grips for them.

I just bought one a few weeks ago. Got the 4 3/4", .22/.22 mag convertible model. Fun little gun to shoot. No, it's not the same quality as a Ruger Single Six, but you can buy 3 or 4 of them for the price of one Single Six! So far it works good, seems accurate if I do my part, and the sights (fixed) shoot within an inch or so to point of aim at 20 yards with the LR cylinder. Only ran 6 rounds of .22 mag thru it to check function.

Just wanted an inexpensive plinker/fun gun and so far it fills that role nicely.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 01:51 PM

Gun Cabinet

My son gave me one some time back new for fathers day 22/22mag the thing in my opinion is a piece of junk on mine if you have your finger any where touching the trigger when you try to **** it will lock up and you have to remove cylinder, lots of people have had that same problem one fellow bought one and could not hit anything with it factory said bend the front sight a little when he tried that whole barrel turned This is just not me I tried to contact factory no response their warrenty starts when it comes off the line and if it sits on a dealers shelf well there went the warrenty Gun shows are full of them new in my area any where from 125 new to 175. If you got a good one then great you lucked out Go on the net and read all the reports on them Put some more money with their price and buy a great used Ruger you will not be sorry. For what it is worth they do look great they do look well made but with the problems I have had with mine no thank you. I have bought and sold guns for a living I have owned many different types but this thing well my first line says it all

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 05:08 PM

Yeah, reviews are mixed on them. It's one of those guns people either hate or love, not many straddle the fence on it. Mine locked up a few times when I first got it, but I figured out that it was how I manipulated the hammer that was making it lock up and now I don't have that problem anymore.

It's not an heirloom piece. It's something you can have fun with plinking and if it breaks you can order the parts to fix it or use it for a decoy anchor!

No question a used Ruger is light years better, but around here at least, prices on them are ridiculous - and just finding a used one to look at is next to impossible.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 05:21 PM

Gun Cabinet

Well what I found out more by accident was to not have my finger in the trigger guard one smooth pull back on the hammer and it would work but touch the trigger when moving the hammer and it was remove the cylinder re install I have never even loaded or shot mine still in the box I would be ashamed to even take it to a gun show and try to peddle it looks great seems pretty well made that is what sold me but then when I went to try it out spin the cylinder and all well like I said live and learn. Rugers around here go for around 425.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 05:53 PM

I think, that my eaa bounty hunter was made by the same folks as heritage, and I've been shooting it for many years, trouble free.
Of course you can't hit anything with the 22lr cylinder in it, but the 22mag shoots great.
I'm gonna try and call up a coyote next month when I make a squirrel trip to the Oconee forest. A handgun kill would be a strike off of my bucket list.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 07:05 PM

Your EAA Bounty Hunter is made by Weirauch (sp.?) of Germany. They do make good quality guns.

DEACON: I hear what you're saying. I owned (and foolishly sold) a Single Six years and years ago and I know there's no comparison between a SS and a Heritage. I just wanted a single action plinker and didn't want to spend $425-$450 for one. And gunshops where I live are a long ways apart and most are just small shops so I might easily spend $200-$400 on gas driving around looking for a used SS! Oh yeah, there's always the auction sites, but by the time you figure shipping and transfer fees you're probably up to about $500, almost as much as a new one!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 07:30 PM

I wanted one of the 4 3/4 22lr and 22 mag also. Shot pretty good on 22 lr cylinder but the 22 mag cylinder was terrible. Wouldn't time right. Ended up selling it. Wished I would have kept my Ruger also. There kind of hit and miss maybe you will get a good one.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 01:14 PM

Have only experienced one Heritage, my grandaughters. 2 or 3 chambers are oversized and fired cases are hard to extract. The chambers need to be line bored and sleeved.

2120-September 1, 1945
To: D A MacArthur /C H Nimitz
Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional , illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of cr*p by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" really means.....
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 07:21 AM

i have been looking at getting one also. there is a sale on the 9 shot for just a few dollars more than the six i was wondering if they just drill more holes in the six cylinder or is the nine shot one a beefed up cylinder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page