327 Federal Magnum - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Default 327 Federal Magnum

I have known about it for years. Never saw my need.
I had a couple 32 H&R mags in single sixes and liked them well enough but didnt feel they where “enough” for defense but for the size and ease of carry on the trail Id have zero use.

Couple years back I was intrigued when that custom Maker built a 327 on a bear cat!!! But coats outweighed practical use for me.

I have knows about the Lipseys single sevens too. But again not enough to really grab me... then I saw the lil birds head 3.75” Single Seven!! Woah thats purdy!! I added it to my “list”! Earlier this month Richard Mann did a story on the Single seven BISLEY!!!! OK Ruger/Lipseys you have my FULL ATTENTION NOW!

Im officially buying one very shortly!! GB has a number of them and one will be mine!!

Everyone I speak with who has one loves it! So tell Me if you have one and what ya think!

I just tested my old 32 H&R dies and they will
Work perfectly to size and load 327 Federals! So Im already ahead of that curve! I have a couple
Nice molds for my 32/20’s so I have that as well!

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 05:45 PM

I had several single six 32 H&R mags. But for some reason they all were hard to eject-load. So I went to the sp101.

Then I bought a pair of single sevens. The stainless models. Iím keeping them. Mine are 4 &5/8Ē and 5 &1/2Ē models.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 04:47 AM

I keep eyeballing those single sevens. My SP-101 has just been a joy Iím not real sure what Iíll gain.

I know how this works though. Iíve got a list in my mind of guns I ought to have. When an ought to have it aligns with to much walking around money (WAM) it comes home without a second thought.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

I had a SP101 when they first announced it chambered for the 32 h&r. WHAT A TOAD!! That thing was HEAVY!! It didnt stay in my safe Long at all.

Even if I found one of the 327 in a black hawk I doubt Id bite. For me trim n light is allot of what makes this desirable.

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 01-15-2020 at 07:13 AM.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:14 AM

Havenít thought about the weight. I teresting

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:57 AM

The H&R mag in the Rutgers can be punched out to 327 federal. I have a SP101 that Alan Harlton cut to 3Ē, removed all the junk written on the barrel, and slicked up the action, and punched out to 327 federal. Really changes the way the gun feels and handles.

Byron

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

ILL BET!!

I did a Speed-SIX back in the early 90’s. Made a nice carry gun.

The Rugers have always been chunky.. Heck till my heart attack so was I 🙂. Chunky often brings some beef and strength no doubt. But as a small revolver built for concealment. I had to pass.

But just seemed to be awful heavy with those smaller chambers. If there was a 327 back then It might have been a option!

The Bisley Im wanting will likely be a bit heavier then the Single Seven too I realize. But Im hoping minimally besides its not a concealment gun. Its a open carry hunting companion or Trail gun along with a range companion.

CW

NRA LIFE Member

GOD BLESS AMERICA

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
ILL BET!!

I did a Speed-SIX back in the early 90ís. Made a nice carry gun.

The Rugers have always been chunky.. Heck till my heart attack so was I 🙂. Chunky often brings some beef and strength no doubt. But as a small revolver built for concealment. I had to pass.

But just seemed to be awful heavy with those smaller chambers. If there was a 327 back then It might have been a option!

The Bisley Im wanting will likely be a bit heavier then the Single Seven too I realize. But Im hoping minimally besides its not a concealment gun. Its a open carry hunting companion or Trail gun along with a range companion.

CW
So the Bisley is on the Blackhawk frame? Will it be a 6 shot then or 7 shot? I think they made a few Bisley SS guns too. That would be my choice. There is a 327 for sale on Ruger owners form that Alan Harlton made out of a bearcat.

Byron

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Its still a Single-Seven (S7) just with a bisley grip and hammer. So smaller than the Blackhawk.

What I have realy been wanting is a 22 magnum Bearcat.

CW

NRA LIFE Member

GOD BLESS AMERICA

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:15 AM

Iíve got a stainless super bearcat waiting to go to Alan Harlton to be punched out to 22mag. You just half to send him the cylendar and a check.

Byron

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page