Pocket Howdah revolver - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 05:09 AM

I about it more last night. My 150g Lymans are now right where I am happy 1050 FPS.
My 140’s are 1125 and 115/120’s from 1000-1400fps.

I shot these two targets offhand one and two handed at 25 yards unsupported. Right was after sight adjustment.

Pocket Howdah revolver-e1e21b7d-f781-4582-9ab2-f853c564ee9a_1579774137540.jpeg

I ordered a Accurate 31-135c Last week too. It’s designed for the S7 cyl length.

I’m real happy with this revolver!

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 06:43 AM

I like 45 montado too. It fits fairly well in the front pocket. Certainly not what id consider consealed in the front pocket but its a handy woods gun like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squint View Post
I like Montado alot too, still my in another caliber, just to vary things.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 10:02 PM

OMG do these 135g Accurate Mold bullets shoot!!!

> 1” @ 25 yards. Clocking 1075 avg I smacked a 2.5” stone five for five off hand today at 65 yards!!

LOVING THIS GUN!

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
I like 45 montado too. It fits fairly well in the front pocket. Certainly not what id consider consealed in the front pocket but its a handy woods gun like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squint View Post
I like Montado alot too, still my in another caliber, just to vary things.
Very nice on Montado (image?), its great to be able to safely slip a comfortable shootin iron in a front or back pocket without having to use a holster sometimes. For taking kids on a walk and such or just a higher populated area.

Used to do this in 80s on short Texas hikes carrying a short 686. In recent years, carried a 50ae Packer, (my 3 inch sa revolver) in front chest pouch while wearing waders, fishing near Glacier or Teton NPs but in backcountry or wilderness areas. Handy around big bears. Never made it to AK or Africa, though came close a few times.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2020, 11:15 AM

Used to have a friend (passed now) that carried a colt sa with a 4 inch barrel when he hunted big cats with dogs in Wyoming, and south Dakota. It was cut down from a 7.5 inch barrel. Carried loaded with pure lead full wadcutters, gas checks. Used to keep cats off of his dogs, and it worked real well. Have the gun,holster,belt, and 2 boxes of his ammo in my safe. No cats where i live (well you best not shoot one ) in central Florida, but i carry it in the hammocks where the big hogs live.(850fps swc loads.)

Last edited by earl54; 04-30-2020 at 11:45 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page