These NAA's are as bad a Handis!! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Default These NAA's are as bad a Handis!!

Well I was overwhelmed and... well I ...I :-\ :-\ :-\

Guess the best way to do this, is just to throw it all out there. So here goes. I BOUGHT A NAA EARL AND A PUG!!! :-[ : ;D ;D ;D

I walked in the shop and WOW they have like five or six, seven, eight, no wait TEN North American Arms revolvers!! ;D They had a Sidewinder, Mini Master, a 1860 Hog Leg, a 1860 Earl (Used), a Blk Widow (Used) TWO new Blk Widows, a PUG, a Folding LR 1 1/8" and a STD 1 5/8" magnum. It was NAA NIRVANA!!

I saw the used Earl (Convertible) and snaked it outta the case. Nice shape, looks like the PO liked LR, as the mag cyl is sparkling clean while the LR will need a soaking. The PUG has always intrigued me. I have been working my arse off, (Last night I returned form four days on the road) and have some play money, SO...

The top two are my 1" STD and my Blk Widow, Beneath is my New to me Earl and Brand new PUG. :

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 01:19 AM

Default Re: These NAA's are as bad a Handis!!

CW

Ok brother we need to talk , Handi's are bad enough , but to add a second addiction is just maddning , stop , sit down , take a deep breath , there is that better ? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Me likes the little Pug , may have to think about getting myself another one , just because you talked me into it , It's all your fault , at least that is what I'm telling mama .

stimpy

Deceased June 17, 2015

If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped[size=18px][/size]
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

;D ha ha ha ha ha ha Sorry brother. But they are SO **** CUTE, I could not resist!! The words "I'll take 'em BOTH" just rolled outta my mouth before I knew what was happening. :

I wanted a Ruger Shop Keeper in Magnum... none exist. I would have to have one re chambered... I picked up this Earl for $200... probably what that RE Chamber would run me on a 600$ Ruger. That is MY justification. : : ;D

Reports are its a good shooter, hoping so. Now I need a holster. I am gonna end up making something for my self. I would love a cross draw and maybe something for the handle bars on the bike. I'm gonna experiment with Kydex if I ever et some "ME" time.

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:27 PM

Darn those are all so pretty 8) didn't know all those fancy models were available.
Used my little 1" LR std to kill a big snake in the coop just a couple nights ago, cci snakeshot does fantastic in the tiny revolver. Drop it in my pocket every night before taking the dogs to the creek, i can't help but love the little 5 shot wonder.

Wheres John Galt?
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:33 PM

Location: THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS or CENTRAL FREDONIAN REPUBLIC
Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlongshot
. . . . . . . . . and maybe something for the handle bars on the bike.

CW
that's what the top pockets on your vest are for

The United States doesn't have a gun control problem.
We have a people control problem.

Honor the Texas flag;I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas,
one state under God, one and indivisible.

* * * * AMERICA * * * *
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ! !
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlongshot
. . . . . . . . . and maybe something for the handle bars on the bike.

CW
that's what the top pockets on your vest are for
I agree! But I was thinking of the 4" Earl. :

I am going to make something from Kydex to cover all steel so will all be blk making it more invisible. I have had a Kershaw military knife there for YEARS and no one even notices it and its real handy!!

CW

NRA LIFE Member

GOD BLESS AMERICA

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:58 PM

I have had the 22mag/lr version for years and still use it alot . Do yourself a favor and pick up some of those Aguila "primer only" shells . You can shoot those things anywhere. Absolutly no report but they are perfect for plinking around the yard or camp.Its the perfect platform to use them in.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weber
I have had the 22mag/lr version for years and still use it alot . Do yourself a favor and pick up some of those Aguila "primer only" shells . You can shoot those things anywhere. Absolutly no report but they are perfect for plinking around the yard or camp.Its the perfect platform to use them in.
Ha ha, Ya know I have been using all the no powder and CB bullets for many years...never once thought to try them in a NAA!!! I will give it a try! Around here, (My property) I carry two rounds a rat shot first, on the street all Short barreled ammo Winny PDX1, Hornady CD or Speer GD. That rat shot is handy on the rats! (I have chickens)

Here is a updated NAA Family photo. : : :

T-B;
Earl 22 Magnum (Convertible)
Black Widow 22 Magnum (Convertible)
Mini Magnum 22 magnum (Convertible)
1 1/8" Magnum 22 Magnum
PUG 22 Magnum
1 1/8" 22 LR
1 1/8" 22 Short

CW

NRA LIFE Member

GOD BLESS AMERICA

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Here is the Short:

& the Long Rifle

CW

NRA LIFE Member

GOD BLESS AMERICA

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 09:45 PM

Well now, CW......you have seven, one for each day, you must stop......
NO, Really, you Must! Now matter how much we petition they will not extend the week to eight days.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page