my new to me glock - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Default my new to me glock

yesterday, saturday i picked up two new handguns
i picked up a ruger american compact pro

this is my new to me glock 35 ( tactical / practical ) in .40 s&w
i got this used g35 in a trade.

the previous owner added some steel night sights and color filled the lettering on the slide
its been shot and carried alot, but its in good shape, slide is still tight , only a bit of wear on the barrel where the slide touches

the slide cut out and extended slide stop is factory , but it only came with the one 17 round mag

i added the grip frame stippling around the beaver tail area and where the shooting hand thumb sits
for its size, it feels as light ( i have not weighed it ) as my glock 30s ( maybe a wee bit lighter even )

this is my second ever glock
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gl3540.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	186450  

Dave in Phoenix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 02:51 PM

I love my Glock 19. Just got it back from the factory. It was shooting left mostly. And yes I know it could've been me but got a call early this week and they found the frame cracked. They replaced the frame (upgrade to gen 3) and everything but the slide and barrel. Shoots straght now. Looks like new.

Jesus said,"I am the way the truth and the life".
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb32248 View Post
I love my Glock 19. Just got it back from the factory. It was shooting left mostly. And yes I know it could've been me but got a call early this week and they found the frame cracked. They replaced the frame (upgrade to gen 3) and everything but the slide and barrel. Shoots straght now. Looks like new.
what was the turnaround on that little endeavor?

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 03:37 PM

I sent it in on two weeks ago on a wed. It got there the next Monday. By the way DON'T send it two day mail by USPS, as you can see it took 6 days. They called me on Tues. and we talked about the problem. It was back in the mail (Fedex)by Wednesday (?) and got it on this last Friday.About a week and a half. I couldn't ask for better service.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
did they tell you where it was cracked ?

Dave in Phoenix
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

i ran the serial number on this one .. its a 2008 and other than some finish wear on the slide its in good shape.

i just got back from the range ( indoor ) and it shoots straight at 7 and 15 yards with 180 gr rounds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	186546  

Dave in Phoenix
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scibaer View Post
did they tell you where it was cracked ?
Near the locking block. If you do search on this you will see it does happen on gen 1,2, and 4. I didn't find it on gen 3's. The tech guy said it was design flaw on early models. I had a gen 2 frame. It's a 1989 F.O.P. Inaugural Edition.I had to re-register the gun due to a new number on the frame.Barrel and slide still have original #. It's funny how before i wanted to sell it 'cause it was so unreliable accuracy wise now I love it and it's going nowhere.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Near the locking block. If you do search on this you will see it does happen on gen 1,2, and 4. I didn't find it on gen 3's. The tech guy said it was design flaw on early models. I had a gen 2 frame. It's a 1989 F.O.P. Inaugural Edition.I had to re-register the gun due to a new number on the frame.Barrel and slide still have original #. It's funny how before i wanted to sell it 'cause it was so unreliable accuracy wise now I love it and it's going nowhere.
yeah , thats a common ( more or less ) issue, the frame near the locking block cracks
the locking block take a beating and tranfers that to the frame..
but its odd that it dont happen hardly with the gen 3 frames ( or the 2.5 frames for that matter )

i want to swap out the slide spring on mine ( the gen 2 style with a plastic rod ) to a gen 4 style
my gen 3 g30s has the gen 4 style spring and they are worlds better in design

Dave in Phoenix
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 05:00 PM

I wae very pleased with the work. Like i said the only thing that's old is slide and barrel. From sights to recoil spring, striker,ejector plunger,whole frame and internal's, magazine,firing pin safety and spring . They rest fired it and sent target with five holes in about a fifty cent piece area. I only hope to shoot that good. Now I can try instead of going left all the time. They even sent the old sights back.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

did you buy the 19 new ?

it sounds like they put your slide on a new gen 3 frame .. so basically you got a new gun out of the deal .. thats great )

i shot my g30s 45acp left, but not my ruger in 9, smith in 40 or my 35 in 40 .. just the g30s in 45 for some odd reason ..

i put big dot xs sights on the 30s and slide the rear sight over a bit and now i shoot it straight ..

all new guns except the g35 i just got ..

Dave in Phoenix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page