Sig P365 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Default Sig P365

A touch shorter, a bit tall and a little more weight than the P938. Retails for $600.
10+1 capacity.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-...o-compact.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 06:32 AM

looks like the subcompact version of the new striker fired 320 the military is adopting. bottom line is its a sig and id bet it will go bang every time you pull the trigger!! I kind of flush with 9s right now but if they would chamber it in 45acp id have to talk to the banker in the kitchen.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 01-09-2018 at 06:38 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Compare to GLOCK 26.

Much shorter, quarter pound lighter + Siglite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 11:30 PM

Extended mag holds 12 rounds.

In one respect at least the Martians are a happy people; they have no lawyers. Edgar Rice Burroughs
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Default Double Stack vs Single

Sig P365

L: 5.8"
W: 1.0"
H: 4.3"
Weight: 17.8 oz

Glock G43

L: 6.26"
W: 1.02"
H: 4.25"
Weight: 17.95 oz

Walther PPS

L: 6.30"
W: 1.0"
H: 4.4" (six round mag)
Weight: 21.1 oz
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 07:35 PM

I think I want one.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 12:51 AM

I've have had a Kel-tec P-11 for some where around 15 to 20 years now. Its the same size and weight as the SIG 365 and has a ten round magazine to boot. Really there is nothing new under the sun here. Everybody is praising SIG for their magical new magazine that can get ten rounds in such a small package. H*ll it's just a copy of the old Kel-tec mag. And the SIG costs almost twice as much as the Kel-tec. I for one love my Kel-tec. It goes bang every time no matter what I feed it and has a has a clip on the side so I don't even need a holster to carry it if I so desire. I hate when a company touts their product as new and wonderful design that has never existed before when it is a copy of a design that has existed for years. There I said it! Thanks everybody for letting me get this off my chest. I wish SIG all the luck in the world with their new pistol but before anybody spends that kind of money for one do yourself a favor and check out the P-11. You might be pleasantly surprised. Redcap
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 04:42 PM

A new long review of this gun here:

https://www.usacarry.com/sig-p365-review/
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:10 AM

Have had mine for several hundred (about 400) rounds now. Put away my Ruger LC9. Observations: P365 handles recoil much better than the Ruger. Ruger wanted to jump sideways whereas the Sig recoils straight back. Sig holds 12+1 and shoots every brand of ammo (have tried about 8 ) I've put thru it. Fits nicely in my cargo shorts/pants with a Uncle Mikes #4 inside pocket holster. Sig has a far, far better trigger than the LC9. I use 115g Hornady Critical Defense for carry as well as 115g range rounds to help reduce recoil. Only drawback is a lack of manual safety on mine but since it racks easily I sometimes carry and empty chamber.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:52 AM

Well, after my initial whining and crying about sore thumbs trying to load the p365 magazines, they either "broke-in", or the loader tool does it pretty well.

Anyway, the p365 so impressed us with the wife being able to work the slide, recoils no more than a 380, and VERY accurate for such a small handgun, we bought a second one. Same story...great little gun, flawless operation, eats anything I give it, including a 4.0gr Bullseye handloaded 124gr Xtreme bullet.

Holsters? Not what Im looking for. Lots of bulky IWB, no Blackhawke Serpa for it,(my favorite OWB holster), but I did order a Sneaky Pete in Ballistic Nylon. BN has no logo on it. Waiting for delivery on that now.

Sig Sauer made a winner in this one, couple little quirks, but livable considering it holds a bakers dozen with one in the pipe, and the optional 12 round magazine, but absolutely nada second thoughts about its ability to be dependable if the unthinkable ever happens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page