Sig P320 SC Review - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Default Sig P320 SC Review

Wanted to post a quick review on the Sig P320 Subcompact (SC) in 9mm. It is a striker fired gun similar in many ways to the Glocks in its variations. The SC is designed to compete with the Glock 26. It has a double stack magazine that holds 12 rounds (plus 1 in the chamber). The trigger is very similar to the Glock. Smooth and consistent at 5.5 to 6.5 pounds. There is no manual safety. I got the standard Siglite sights which are a bright white three dot. They are easy to pick up in low light conditions but night sights are optional for those wanting that capability. The grip on SC allows for a solid two finger hold but I am able to get a third finger on it. However, I find that my pinky finger ends up under the grip when I shoot. If you are not used to the two finger grip it works better than you might expect. I also bought a Compact magazine which holds 15 and with the added Xgrip allows for a full normal grip. The compact magazine is a good option for range use or in situations where you do not need the concealability of the smaller magazine. You will notice that I added Talon Grips and they are incredible. The pistol is accurate like the Glock. I have put over a hundred rounds of hollow point and FMJ ammo through it without a malfunction. Some magazines had both HP and FMJ ammo in it. The only possible negative I can see with the P320 SC is that it is a bit muzzle heavy. I find that in most situations I don't notice it and I also think it helps to tame recoil a bit. The P320 SC like the Glock 26, to me at least, is really more like a small compact or a large subcompact. Kind of in between the two. It is not difficult to conceal in most situations. I use a Tulster IWB holster that is excellent. However, with very light clothing you will tend to print a bit. Sig provides a standard OWB holster for range use. It works well. Lastly, the P320 is modular. I really see little advantage to that except for LE agencies that might want to tailor each weapon to the user but you can read all about it at Sig's web page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P320 SC Grip.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	575.2 KB
ID:	212001  

Name:	P320 C Grip.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	610.3 KB
ID:	212009  

Name:	P320 2 finger.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	502.0 KB
ID:	212017  

Name:	P320 3 finger SC.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	470.4 KB
ID:	212025  

Name:	p 320 full grip.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	403.3 KB
ID:	212033  

Name:	Sig Tulster.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	588.8 KB
ID:	212041  

Name:	Sig paddle.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	570.2 KB
ID:	212049  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 10:24 AM

Nice gun.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 07:00 AM

do you have a 26? Is the grip frame thinner? Does it seem as short as a 26? it appears to be a bit longer. I own a 26 and a 29 and have had a 27 and like them for what they are but to be honest its like grabbing a 2x4 that's cut off to short. Don't mind it with the 29 because that gun is a trail gun for me not a self defense gun and I use an extended mag but the 26 and 27 are tough to shoot and with an extended mag there no easier to conceal then a 19 or 23 is. For the most part the 26 has been relegated to the glove box of my pickup and I carry a 43 or shield. That sig looks like it might cover both jobs.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page