Glock 20 or 40 10 MM any one? - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
Wondering what people out there think of their Glock 10 mm's. I have a Glock 22 but sure am leaning to a Glock in 10mm. From what I've read the ability to shoot 40 through one makes it even better. Hard to figure if the 6 inch barrel of the 40 is better than the 4 1/2 from the 20. Also the 40 is about 100.00 more, ouch. Anyway what do you Glock people think? Or just stick with my Glock 22 and call it good?
My GL20 has never shot with factory barrel , I use wolf ported with proper twist for cast and 40 barrel also . The factory remains unfired /Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikshooter View Post
My GL20 has never shot with factory barrel , I use wolf ported with proper twist for cast and 40 barrel also . The factory remains unfired /Ed
Exactly what I was leaning to get with the Glock 20.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 09:30 PM

I have both the 20 and 29 I like both my 29 is my second most carried gun . I carry it when going down town, when walk security at church any place I consider higher risk. Both my guns run 40 S&W fine Glocks big extractor catches the rim and holds it so it headspaces off the rim. They shoots them well enough that I would not hesitate to load up with 40's if I didn't have 10 mm ammo.

Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:49 AM

I bought a new wolf barrel for my 20 when I first got it because everyone said factory barrels don't shoot lead. I had a lot of chambering problmes (tight chamber) Got frustrated one day and swapped back on the factory barrel. Found the gun actually shot cast better with the factory barrel, didn't lead and ran like a swiss watch with all my handloads. I know some have good luck with them but im not a cheerleader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikshooter View Post

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

I think there is to much misinformation about the 10mm. I have a buddy, His only pistol is a Glock 20. He has had it about three years now. Original barrel and he shoots mainly 40 SW out of it about 90% of the time. I asked him about a year ago if he was worried about any problems from using the 40 instead of the 10mm or if he was going to get a 40 barrel for it. He just laughed it off. I also read where others have done it with no problems. ?????
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
I bought a new wolf barrel for my 20 when I first got it because everyone said factory barrels don't shoot lead. I had a lot of chambering problmes (tight chamber) Got frustrated one day and swapped back on the factory barrel. Found the gun actually shot cast better with the factory barrel, didn't lead and ran like a swiss watch with all my handloads. I know some have good luck with them but im not a cheerleader.
I have returned 2 out of 13 wolf barrels both with light (defective rifling) promptly replaced over a 4 yr period .The factory blamed it on poor help (I agreed) ! However they are accurate and tight but never had a problem with 10/or 40 in my GL 20 using Dillon dies in my RL550 ,same with 9mm in my Glocks . Guess it"s a personal choice /Ed
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 09:09 AM

are you using cast? Mine ran fine with factory jacketed bullets but was to tight for cast bullets unless I sized them to .400 and then like I said the factory barrel shooting 401s easily outshot it with cast. that said even factory barrels have shallow rifling and its one place where harder alloys sure out shoot softer ones. Hard the better in a glock.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:52 AM

I have a standard frame G20.i like it. You might want to look at s SF if you buy one . I like the G40 but do not have one. You can shoot 40 S,&W in it with a barrel change. You can also buy a longer barrel for the G20. Lone wolf has alot of Glock goodies . Other places also have alot of upgrades and custom parts for Glock k . That alone makes Glock a worthwhile consideration. In reality you can get a long slide and barrel from GrY Wolf put whatever sight you want on it and use it hunting etc. Use the standard slide for personal or home protection or pliking. Or what ever you want.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:54 AM

Sorry the SF is for short frame. It has a smaller grip which some people like.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 06:09 PM

The factory 10mm barrel will shoot 40S&W just fine

Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page