My Glock Ate It! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Default My Glock Ate It!

I recently acquired a near new Glock G45 in 9mm. So the other day I went to the range to have some fun. I also brought out a couple of other 9mm toys. Because of the recent run on ammo, I found a "deal" on some 9mm from Natchez Shooters Supplies. The deal happened to be some Winchester range ammo, 115 gr jacketed but steel case. I'm not a steel case ammo fan except for AK type rifles. So I thought I'd give it a try. To my surprise, both my Glock G45 and G43X ran this steel case ammo without a hitch. But, I tried to shoot it in a 9mm ATI Commander and I had to use a bore rod as the gun would not even try to extract the empty steel case round from the chamber. I tried it a second time and had the same result. So, because I like having ammo that will run in all my 9mm guns, I'll find somebody locally who is looking for some cheap ammo.

I have to say that each and every round went boom, and they were accurate enough for range ammo, but in the future, I'll not be buying anymore steel cased 9mm ammo. Live and learn.

azrider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 02:59 PM

AZ you do not need to stop buying steel cased ammo just buy more Glocks. They aren't pretty but they go bang every time.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcap View Post
AZ you do not need to stop buying steel cased ammo just buy more Glocks. They aren't pretty but they go bang every time.
Redcap,

I currently have two Glocks now. That is two more than I had 6 months ago. I like them both. I found a guy who will take the Winchester steel cased ammo off my hands. I'll not make that mistake again. It is good to know that my Glocks will eat up the steel cased ammo though. Thanks for the suggestion!

azbagger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page