DA First Shot Carry - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 06:05 AM

Default Re: DA First Shot Carry

theres probably more glocks carried by people civilian and police then the rest of them put together. If they were unsafe glock would have been out of existence long ago do to court battles.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd
theres probably more glocks carried by people civilian and police then the rest of them put together. If they were unsafe glock would have been out of existence long ago do to court battles.
It's funny how Glock gets blamed for idiots who put their finger on the trigger when they're not supposed to. A buddy of mine is a sheriff, he told me a colleague of his shot himself in the leg with his Glock while putting his finger on the trigger when he wasn't supposed to. Somehow it's always Glock's fault though.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 06:56 PM

Folks have carried DA revolvers for years without safeties. Always carry in a pocket holster so you don't have something in your pocket get in the trigger guard.

I too am looking for a new carry. Many choices.

Where is the ammo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 07:11 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd
^^^^^^^^^^+1^^^^^^^^^^

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 08:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to JimP. Send a message via Yahoo to JimP.

Train with what you carry, i say again train with what you carry, the British SAS carry Hi-Power 9mm handguns with a full mag and an empty chamber.They practice pulling the slide back making the pistol ready to fire while presenting the pistol for action. That's the way they train. I carry my 1911 with round in chamber safety on. I train that way. When i carry my S&W 469, it has a bobbed hammer with a SA/DA action, round in the chamber. A long trigger pull for the first shot and then cocked after that. But like i said, train with what you carry, only way to be effective with your weapon. Regards, JimP.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 08:26 PM

I love my shield 9mm with no safety. and for some reason, I shoot it better than with any other handgun I've tried.
IMO, all pistols should be striker fired.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Dee

Striker fired pistols is a big improvement.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 07:18 AM

para ordnance makes a double action only 1911 that has a nice light smooth trigger pull. The ones I shot id guess at between 5 and 6 lbs. Often thought about buying one myself. In my opinion though your brain is your safety. Train and use it keep your finger off the trigger until you actually want to pull it and you don't need a safety.

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 11:20 AM

It you are not comfortable carrying a semi-auto without a safety what would you do with a typical revolver, carry a modern dbl action like the old Colt's Mdl P with an empty chamber under the hammer? At least in a dbl action that would roll a cartridge up when you pull the trigger dbl action. IMO way better than having to rack a slide IF you dont have the time or room (ie, its all comin' down RIGHT NOW in your lap). THAT is way more an uncomfortable thought to me than if the gun has a safety. IM the safety.
If carrying a revolver without a safety doesnt unsettle you and a semi-auto does then you should carry a revolver. Some people are revolver people, my wife is one; she cannot get comfortable with the autoloader.
Small and light revolvers, the S&W 442/642 series or the Ruger LCR are very good Dont consider the NAA mini-revolvers other than a novelty (please, no hate mail, we have one.....its cute).
The S&W M&P Shield semi-auto now comes with or w/o a safety, is light and flat, single stack in 9mm, two mags/one extended for an extra round. I dont need it but do I ever want it.
LCP 380 for edc, it fits with whatever I wear; its my repeater derringer or if I have another larger the LCP is my bug.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 06:10 AM

yup I do. theres a loaded one in both of my vehicles and one in my bed stand. Been there for MANY years and none of them have went bang unless I deliberately pulled the trigger. If you can make a glock go off by bumping it your glocks sure don't have factory triggers. As I alluded to in a previous post if they weren't safe and were prone to accidental discharge law suits and the liberal media would have ran them out of business years ago. Look at the flack Remington took on there 700 triggers just because some wanted to tinker with them or shot them for 20 years without even cleaning the trigger. People actually suited them for there own stupidity of pointing a loaded gun at someone. Any gun takes some common sense to be safe. If your stupid enough to stick one in a sock drawer full of socks or grab the gun under your pillow by the trigger then I cant cure stupid. ANY loaded gun can be dangerous around stupidity. If you cant handle a glock safely you should stay away from guns period. Its not them that's dangerous its you
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
It you are not comfortable carrying a semi-auto without a safety what would you do with a typical revolver, carry a modern dbl action like the old Colt's Mdl P with an empty chamber under the hammer? At least in a dbl action that would roll a cartridge up when you pull the trigger dbl action. IMO way better than having to rack a slide IF you dont have the time or room (ie, its all comin' down RIGHT NOW in your lap). THAT is way more an uncomfortable thought to me than if the gun has a safety. IM the safety.
If carrying a revolver without a safety doesnt unsettle you and a semi-auto does then you should carry a revolver. Some people are revolver people, my wife is one; she cannot get comfortable with the autoloader.
Small and light revolvers, the S&W 442/642 series or the Ruger LCR are very good Dont consider the NAA mini-revolvers other than a novelty (please, no hate mail, we have one.....its cute).
The S&W M&P Shield semi-auto now comes with or w/o a safety, is light and flat, single stack in 9mm, two mags/one extended for an extra round. I dont need it but do I ever want it.
LCP 380 for edc, it fits with whatever I wear; its my repeater derringer or if I have another larger the LCP is my bug.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page