liberal home invasion advice - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
It's too bad that all states don't have laws like Georgia.

And the left wants us to be just like England, where you are required to exit your home and leave it to the bad guys.
Does Georgia law protect you from a civil suit for wrongful death?

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 01:34 AM

First of all, this isn't Star Trek, machines and collectives don't tell us how to think. Fleeing our homes, hiding under furniture in the face of criminals invading our home? Nope.

One unarmed burglar? Pretty even odds, right? Nope. Meth, extacy, K2, and combinations of that stuff make a man who looks human on the outside, and acts like something from World War Z.

I mean lights and verbal challenge are still needed to sort out the "oops wrong house" college drunk, or the friend of your kid who brought in the first armload of dirty laundry. Weapons, multiple perps and rushing you at a dead run have to be dealt with. Lately the flavor of home invasion appears to be a team of four, five or six, smashing their way into a house, occupied or not. Daylight or not.

This is a specific instance in my mind, for the argument for the double stack magazine pistol, or the AR15 for home defense.

Nobody wants to shoot anybody, but I will not be an idle witness to any one of my family, or person welcome in my home, be harmed or killed by a criminal smashing his or her way in. It's the way I was raised, the way I have trained and acted my entire life.

Of course if it comes to that, there will be aftermath. That will be dealt with when people I love are safe.

"...And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat." Acts 10:13
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 05:01 AM

Article matches what school kids are taught, public employees, etc. "be like a sheep. stampede quietly to safety."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 07:28 PM

Those type folks aren't called '' Sheeples'' for nothing. The world is made up of three basic groups of people. people who act like sheep, the wolves who pray on sheep and there is us old Sheep Dogs who protect the sheep. I was one of the Sheep Dogs for 36 years, now I'm retired and protect my wife and myself. Take care, John.

It's not what you do, but how you do what you do, that counts.
Just keep on keeping on!
NRA Life Member
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:02 PM

Of course there is a 4th group. The ones like our fore father's who protect themselves . Who either live to far from the sheep dog or who like to hold their own fate. I realize many in law enforcement have convinced that years of training ate needed to protect yourself or others. Making many feel inadequate . I took classes not only to learn to protect myself but to teach others to do so. I feel learning to protect yourself is not complicated.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
Does Georgia law protect you from a civil suit for wrongful death?
If it's a lawful shoot, family has no recourse.
That said, you can be sued for shooting someone a bird, but that person should be ready to pay two lawyers fees and court cost. That cuts down on illegitimate lawsuits.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 08:35 PM

I remember an incident not far from where I used to live. A home was broken into and the family followed this sort of advice. Both perpetrators are in prison. The home owner endured two days or so tied in a chair watching his wife and daughters suffer every available indignity before being killed. He got his head smashed pretty badly and was left for dead.

Lock your doors before you kiss your loved ones goodnight. Pet the dog and keep one of your guns where you can get to it quickly. Keep footwear next to your bed because if you get up in the middle of the night there may be broken glass.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
First of all, this isn't Star Trek, machines and collectives don't tell us how to think. Fleeing our homes, hiding under furniture in the face of criminals invading our home? Nope.

One unarmed burglar? Pretty even odds, right? Nope. Meth, extacy, K2, and combinations of that stuff make a man who looks human on the outside, and acts like something from World War Z.

I mean lights and verbal challenge are still needed to sort out the "oops wrong house" college drunk, or the friend of your kid who brought in the first armload of dirty laundry. Weapons, multiple perps and rushing you at a dead run have to be dealt with. Lately the flavor of home invasion appears to be a team of four, five or six, smashing their way into a house, occupied or not. Daylight or not.

This is a specific instance in my mind, for the argument for the double stack magazine pistol, or the AR15 for home defense.

Nobody wants to shoot anybody, but I will not be an idle witness to any one of my family, or person welcome in my home, be harmed or killed by a criminal smashing his or her way in. It's the way I was raised, the way I have trained and acted my entire life.

Of course if it comes to that, there will be aftermath. That will be dealt with when people I love are safe.

I'd say it's a lot better than even odds for the defender. You know your house, even in the dark. You're a working man, probably in better shape. You have the element of surprise, and get to pick to some degree when to announce, and which angle to do it from.

You can also control the speed of the altercation when you strike first. If the lights come on and they are threatening, or don't hit the ground in an appropriate time; that would be a good time to end the encounter.

Profanity is a poor excuse for a proper education and logic.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:41 AM

Last week there was an attempted home invasion near here. There was a big mistake made . The home owner opened the front door and six men rushed in showing a gun. The family dog attacked and run bad guys out . Bad guys shot the dog. Police have one of the bad guys.
I post this because it is a learning example.
1) never open your door without knowing what is on the other side NEVER. Can't see then get a peep hole installed. A window you can see your door from is better as you can be shot looking through the peep hole. If you can afford it an intercom system is nice as is a camera.
2)Never underestimate the value of a good dog for protection. Train them to stop once threat is out of the house. In this case the dog kept going and got killed.
3) this is what got to me , there were 6 bad guys. When you have that many it could be overwhelming to say the least. It shows me the need for all able in the home to have access to a weapon , know how to use it and have a plan as to who gets where and fields of fire to avoid shooting each other.
Also I am a revolver guy. I like them , grew up with them and trust them.
BUT 6 attackers makes ya think. The math is simple and it equals more bullets on board is mandatory for a handgun. To be honest if someone breaks in while I am home it is a good chance they will go up against a shotgun first. But there might not be time to retrieve the shot gun so a high cap pistol would be better than a revolver. Thing is I have a pistol set up with white light and Lazer. But like the shotgun it is not close all the time. Guess it is time to get a better game plan .
This is like the 6th home invasion near here since Thanksgiving. Not sure why it has become so frequent. The economy is good now and people who want have a job. So it must be a new game for gang members or something like that. People have been tied up assulted sexually and otherwise. Some killed. Always be careful and have a plan
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Sure am glad I live where I do. Don't even need to lock the doors when I leave the house or even take the keys out of my vehicles. Lived here all my life and only remember hearing of one home invasion. At least if you count our local news and regional paper. A man was killed by an escaped inmate from a minimum security prison near by. that was about 15 years ago and the minimum securtity prison was closed down.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page