liberal home invasion advice - Page 4 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Truth is.........There are no violence free zones on this blue ball we call home. The odds may be greater in some places than others,but the unexpected can and does happen.Better to be prepared than not.Shoot far! We learned this as boy scouts.Remember the motto?

I don't think of myself as a staunch Republican or Democrat.
I am a Christian and a Conservative...........In that order!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:35 AM

Default liberal home invasion advice

I live in Canada and the laws are very strict in regards to how you can legally defend yourself.

Either way this advice is still poor and inadequate.

Check out this article and let me know what your opinions are. He was eventually deemed not guilty under the circumstances, but it was a media fiasco and he was in the courts for a long time before being let off the hook.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4967803

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by EricBTTA; 03-04-2019 at 12:17 PM.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:53 AM

That's one of the big reasons I call TEXAS my home. What do you expect from a country that legalizes pot but doesn't have a constitutional right to bear arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBTTA View Post
I live in Canada and the laws are very strict in regards to how you can legally defend yourself.

Either way this advice is still poor and inadequate.

Check out this article and let me know what your opinions are. He was eventually deemed not guilty under the circumstances, but it was a media fiasco and he was in the courts for a long time before being let off the hook.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4967803

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My opinion is, anyone who enters your home uninvited, is asking to be shot.
We keep our doors locked, so if someone is trying to kick in the door, he will be shot in the head before he gets in. We can do that in Georgia.
And I won't take a chance on letting someone break in.

All of our windows and doors have storm windows and doors, so it would be kinda hard to get in here.
I wouldn't shoot someone beating on the storm doors etc, but if they get thru that barrier, they will go to meet their maker.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootall3 View Post
Last week there was an attempted home invasion near here. There was a big mistake made . The home owner opened the front door and six men rushed in showing a gun. The family dog attacked and run bad guys out . Bad guys shot the dog. Police have one of the bad guys.
I post this because it is a learning example.
1) never open your door without knowing what is on the other side NEVER. Can't see then get a peep hole installed. A window you can see your door from is better as you can be shot looking through the peep hole. If you can afford it an intercom system is nice as is a camera.
2)Never underestimate the value of a good dog for protection. Train them to stop once threat is out of the house. In this case the dog kept going and got killed.
3) this is what got to me , there were 6 bad guys. When you have that many it could be overwhelming to say the least. It shows me the need for all able in the home to have access to a weapon , know how to use it and have a plan as to who gets where and fields of fire to avoid shooting each other.
Also I am a revolver guy. I like them , grew up with them and trust them.
BUT 6 attackers makes ya think. The math is simple and it equals more bullets on board is mandatory for a handgun. To be honest if someone breaks in while I am home it is a good chance they will go up against a shotgun first. But there might not be time to retrieve the shot gun so a high cap pistol would be better than a revolver. Thing is I have a pistol set up with white light and Lazer. But like the shotgun it is not close all the time. Guess it is time to get a better game plan .
This is like the 6th home invasion near here since Thanksgiving. Not sure why it has become so frequent. The economy is good now and people who want have a job. So it must be a new game for gang members or something like that. People have been tied up assulted sexually and otherwise. Some killed. Always be careful and have a plan
I bought an electronic peep hole camera. Nobody can tell whether someone is looking through it. Has a bigger screen so, it's easier to tell who or what is out there, and is visible from a wider angle. Mounted it low enough that the kid could view it easily.

A dog is the number one deterrent. Number 2 is knowing that the home owner has a gun and knows how to use it. There are some limits and exceptions, but this was found to be the rule of thumb through interviewing criminals.

Makes a strong case for a fortified door, and intercom system.

Profanity is a poor excuse for a proper education and logic.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:37 PM

Like the elec peep hole
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootall3 View Post
Like the elec peep hole
Meant to comment a little more on the subject of being stormed at a high ratio of attackers:defenders.

Don't have to give them a chance if you have the drop on them. A high capacity pistol is nice, but then again when a few of them are lined up, a 30-06 will go through a door, and 3 attackers...

Profanity is a poor excuse for a proper education and logic.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 07:43 AM

😂 for sure
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 09:40 AM

I like the ''three fer'' idea with the '06, that works for me and saves family and ammo. Take care, John.

It's not what you do, but how you do what you do, that counts.
Just keep on keeping on!
NRA Life Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page