Smallest round you are comfortable with a - Page 6 - Graybeard Outdoors
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 10:32 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatercat View Post
Dee, not true. I carry a berretta (21A) 22 loaded with velocitor and stinger. I tried them on a 2X8X36 pressure treated pine board. 7 or 8 feet out. they all went thru every time and did good exit holes. I carry two extra mags 7 rounds each total 22 rounds with one chamber. I hit 100% in head size target 8 to ten feet away. no worry about going thru to hurt some one else. if you cant repel someone with that, you have no right to carry. period. gut--chest--head. bam bam bam. repeat if needed or fun.
Let's see.
I make a comment concerning stress and deterioration of accuracy in a gun fight, and you say; not true.

I will counter by saying; you have me dead to rights on my gun fighting skill, and experience involving an opponent such as a 36" tall 28 piece of lumber. Pressure treated no less. That most likely added to the threat you faced, yet you remained calm enough to make multiple head shots. Or board (pressure treated) shots.

I'll concede.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Last edited by Dee; 08-09-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 11:11 AM
p51

I'll never understand why anyone thinks that shooting at any inanimate object proves how they'd do against another person. Sure, it shows you have decent aim, but that's not even half the problem in a defensive situation.
This exchange from the classic movie, "Unforgiven" says it all, I think:

W.W. Beauchamp: So, Corky was actually quicker on the draw than the D... than English Bob?
Little Bill Daggett: Quicker was his whole **** problem. If he hadn't been in such a hurry, he wouldn't have shot his own toe off. Look son, being a good shot, being quick with a pistol, that don't do no harm, but it don't mean much next to being cool-headed. A man who will keep his head and not get rattled under fire, like as not, he'll kill ya. Look here... [stands and draws his gun] That's about as fast as I can draw, and aim, and hit anything more than ten feet away... 'less it's a barn.
W.W. Beauchamp: But... if he doesn't miss?
Little Bill: Then he'll kill ya. [chuckles] Yeah, that's why there's so few dangerous men around like old Bob, like me. It ain't so easy to shoot a man anyhow, especially if the son-of-a-**** is shootin' back at you. I mean, that'll just flat rattle some folks.

"When all else fails, call for indirect fire on your position, AND GET THE **** OUT!"
-Exact words of one of my 'call for fire' class instructors.
Former US Army Ordnance officer and lover of all things what go BOOM!
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 11:20 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by p51 View Post
I'll never understand why anyone thinks that shooting at any inanimate object proves how they'd do against another person.
I do.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 11:55 AM

stop this one before it gets any more personal.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page