New to me Elsie Pea 2 - Questions! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Default New to me Elsie Pea 2 - Questions!

Just got a new-to-me Ruger Elsie Pea two. Dad had an LCP and an LCP 2 and prefers the LCP; asked me how to sell it off so I said, "to me!" I'm falling in love with this little thing, haven't shot it yet, but have carried it non-stop for a few days now since I'm in my native state which has constitutional carry.

I have a few questions:

- wondering whether itís worth replacing the guide rod with one of the aftermarket ones?
- is the magguts conversion reliable, worth the effort?
- what's your favorite pocket carry holster for it? Right now I have it in the Ruger one.

Thanks!

Last edited by teamnelson; 06-26-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:16 AM

mines box stock. I just put a couple hundred rounds through it one day to make sure it went bang everyting and stuck it in a wallet holster that you stick in your back pocket and the gun can be shot right in the holster. I had to lcps before the lcp 2 and to me theres not even a decision to make. a trigger that's 10 times better and last round slide hold open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamnelson View Post
Just got a new-to-me Ruger Elsie Pea two. Dad had an LCP and an LCP 2 and prefers the LCP; asked me how to sell it off so I said, "to me!" I'm falling in love with this little thing, haven't shot it yet, but have carried it non-stop for a few days now since I'm in my native state which has constitutional carry.

I have a few questions:

- wondering whether itís worth replacing the guide rod with one of the aftermarket ones?
- is the magguts conversion reliable, worth the effort?
- what's your favorite pocket carry holster for it? Right now I have it in the Ruger one.

Thanks!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:27 AM

Gun Cabinet

PSA sent a flyer listing the LCP II for $199.99, which is what I paid them for an original model LCP some time back. BTW, the last time they listed the original LCP it was $169.99!

Anyway, I would have bought one of the LCP II's but the only color they had was ... PINK!

Now, I may be sure enough in my masculinity to pull off carrying a pink handgun, but I think I'll wait 'till they get black ones in stock.

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
mines box stock. I just put a couple hundred rounds through it one day to make sure it went bang everyting and stuck it in a wallet holster that you stick in your back pocket and the gun can be shot right in the holster. I had to lcps before the lcp 2 and to me theres not even a decision to make. a trigger that's 10 times better and last round slide hold open.
Thanks, I read nothing but good things about the gun, and wondered if a new rod was worth the postage. It won't be a high volume gun, but want it absolutely reliable. Watched a torture test on youtube where the guy dipped it in a bag of lint, stuffed everything full. No problems firing. Dropped it in bucket of water. No problem. Bucket of potting soil, no problem. Soupy potting soil - one FTF, racked slide and carried on. Wet sand - double feed. Cleared it and carried on. Shot it from inside the bucket of water, no problem, but did not cycle action. I figure if it'll do all that, it'll be fine in my pocket since I don't keep mud or wet sand in there.

I just looked up wallet holster for LCP II, and a guy that goes by Uncle George says he feels the trigger is too light on the LCP II, and will most likely go off in your pocket, so he will not make a wallet for it. First time I read anything like that ... I'm guessing you've not found that to be the case or we'd have read about your trip to the ER. Who makes the holster you carry? I'm in AZ at the moment, enjoying daily constitutional carry, but I've still got a long drive cross country to RI, behind the red curtain, so holstering will be a moot point. But I sure do like carrying it right now.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 06:35 AM

https://www.recreationid.com/desanti...85274163414428

that's the one I have and I guess I don't understand how it would go off in my pocket if I don't pull the trigger. Ive had it for two years now and it sure didn't go off on me. Id bet old uncle George probably bad mouths glocks because they don't have a safety too.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page