Graybeard Outdoors banner

Endless Quest

707 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ex 49er 
#1 · (Edited)
It all started back in the early 90’s. I had to get the best carry gun and decided a compact pistol, chambered in 40 S&W would be the ultimate concealed option. Never mind it was heavy and I had to constantly tug my pants up to keep them from falling down. Then I went to a PPK, sacrificing caliber for weight. I eventually realized a J Frame S&W wasn’t that much different in portability than the PPK and I had the advantage of five rounds of 357 in my pocket. Low and behold, Kel-Tec made a very portable pistol in 32 ACP with seven rounds. I found it! I live in Florida and could carry that little thing without advertising a concealed pistol. Life was uncomplicated. Then Sig made their 938. Talk about fitting the bill, Sig hit a home run. Got one and love it. Life became complicated again when the 365 was introduced. What a pistol in a small package. Weighed my options but decided to stay with the 938. Now Springfield went and did it with their Hellcat. When will it ever end?

#2 ·
LOL, lots of us have had the same dilemma. I had multiple carry guns that I carried depending on my mood or clothing ranging from a 642 to a 1911. I got tired of playing musical guns earlier this year and after test firing several guns selected a 9mm Shield as my "one gun" for carry. Almost as accurate as my 1911, nearly as small as the 642 yet more rounds and thump. I've stuck with it but with cold weather approaching I may have a few dates with the 1911.

#3 ·
No, it never ends.

As a handgunner, the quest for the perfect carry gun is like the search for the Holy Grail. No gun is a perfect package, so we will never have the perfect carry gun. It just doesn't exist.

A perfect carry gun would be the size of a Baby Browning .25acp, have the stopping power of a .44 magnum, have firepower of a Glock 17 with the 33 round mag in place, and be as accurate as an Olympic completion pistol.

Oh, and it would cost about what a RG .22 revolver goes for.

Good luck in your quest.:tango_face_grin:

#4 ·
No, it never ends.

As a handgunner, the quest for the perfect carry gun is like the search for the Holy Grail. No gun is a perfect package, so we will never have the perfect carry gun. It just doesn't exist.
A perfect carry gun would be the size of a Baby Browning .25acp, have the stopping power of a .44 magnum, have firepower of a Glock 17 with the 33 round mag in place, and be as accurate as an Olympic completion pistol.
Oh, and it would cost about what a RG .22 revolver goes for. Good luck in your quest.:tango_face_grin:
+1:tango_face_smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.