Da deers iz down - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Gun Cabinet
Default Da deers iz down

Pres, maybe we can arrange a weekend this season for me to get down and join you. Would like to meet you and am sure would enjoy "roughing it" in your deer camp.

I'll promise to be nice and not try to take your Ruggggeeerrr gun from you iffen ya wanna hunt with it. :-D

Will fire off an e-mail to ya in the next few days to see if we can work out a time that works for us both.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 08:50 PM

Default Da deers iz down

Bandit, I'm down Sackamenna way. Spent a year in Yooreeka back in the mid '70s. Them 1886s are just about the best levergun ever turned out. 45-90s are around, but a decent shooter can set 'ya back a couple grand or more. I have one of the later(1918) ones with nickle steel barrel for smokeless powder. The darned thing only weighs a little over 7 lbs, so recoil can hurt, especially with full house handloads. Saw a new(in box)Browning 71 over at the Reno show yesterday. Marked $500. I probably should've grabbed it, but I'd already bought a '93 Marlin 38-55. It ough'ta be a great little shooter. Twenty in. bbl and marked Special Smokeless Steel. This is my first Marlin levergun. It should be a blacktail buster.

I get my kicks from an 1886.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 12:00 PM

Default Da deers iz down

Sounds great, GB. Hope it works out. I'd be glad to host you for a little deer huntin' and it'll give me a chance to get some good directions and equipment needs for the next Annual Hoo-Haw over in MS. I don't have no throwin' hawk or knife, so I might need some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 08:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bubba
Default Da deers iz down

Here is the tiny one I got over the weekend Sorry it took so long ot get the pic. It is a small pic on my profile the avatar. Will try to attach the bigger pic after

”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page