New Savage Break-open Single Shot Shotgun - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky9773 View Post
Not true!
The back half of the frame is different, stock and forearm are drastically different, there is a manual safety and the fit and finish is much better than a Handi/Pardner... the only similarity is in the front half of the frame and the barrel lug.
Anyone who actually sees/handles one wouldn't say they are clones.

Spanky
If the fit and finish is much better than on a Handi, and the barrel lug allows them to be swapped onto Handis, that's good news for us.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

A statement of fact: H&R Huntsman & Sidekick blued barrels are made of 4140 steel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:42 PM

When I saw the topic "New Savage Single Shot" I was hoping for a new m-219 which I always felt was a much sweeter rifle than the rather clunky H&R.

The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 10:57 AM

Gun Cabinet

I still own a Savage 219 with 30-30 and 12 ga. barrels. It is by far a nicer rifle than the handis which I still own more than a dozen of.
If Henry gets around to offering a few more calibers and gets there production up to the demand they are the new affordable single shot.

jedman

Still kickin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 05:50 PM

Wow....I have seen the new henry's for sale just under 400 bucks for a single shot. not exactly what I consider affordable for a single shot shotgun.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 07:19 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleaction View Post
Wow....I have seen the new henry's for sale just under 400 bucks for a single shot. not exactly what I consider affordable for a single shot shotgun.
Years ago when H&R offered the Buffalo Classic , 38-55 Target, 45 Colt Carbine that had real walnut stocks they were as much or more than a Henry costs now.
Try finding a NEW single shot break action rifle with real checkered walnut stocks and a real warranty for less than what Henry is charging even if it is imported and I think you will find slim Pickins.

I know there were some handis around on clearance for really low prices when they were discontinued but there gone now and they were mostly all black plastic stocked guns. Many bought them up to part them out at a good profit or resell but they don't compare to the new Henry.

I don't even own a Henry single shot , but do own more than a dozen handis and have owned over 40 in the past.
I like the ones I still own !

Edit, Sorry I did not see that singleaction was referring to a shotgun, there are more inexpensive options for shotguns.

jedman

Still kickin

Last edited by jedman; 07-26-2018 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Did not read single shot shotgun
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 10:00 AM

I love my 219 in 25/20. Very accurate.

Badges,we don't need no stinking badges.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page