Some pictures of my CVA Scout V2 observations and some reloads to test when the weather helps in MO.
1. Center round is the 350 Legend 180gr Power Point factory (Box in bacground)
2. Took the CVA Scout V2 barrel and this is a close up picture of the welding finish
3. Close up of the welding on the snap-on forearm counterpart
4. A 115gr 9mm bullet (right) compared to the 180gr Speer JSP flat nose (left) this length jams into the rifling. I pushed just a hear (will show in another picture below, and it fits the chamber fine)
5. 350 Legend case loaded with Lee 200gr RNF with gas check, sized at .359" Fits the chamber fine at that size; further than that seems a little tight.
6. 5-Round reloads using the Speers 180gr JSP FN bullet to test later. I went slightly over the crimping groove because I don't have yet my 350L dies so I am using a 9mm seating die. I will use the 357 mag sitting die next and that may be better.
7. As mentioned in item 4 above, the Speers 180gr JSP FN bullet at max length that still fits the chamber compared to a 115gr JHP 9mm bullet in the 350L.
8. After sighting the rifle, I decided to take a 5-shot group at 50-yds to be 1.5" high to be 0" at 150-yds (as shown in the factory ammo box for the 180gr PPT bullet load). Disregard the .22 rimfire I shot with my revolver while waiting for the rang to go cold and retrieve my target.
9. Just the same 9mm 115gr load that I will be testing over 16.2gr of 2400.
More info later when I do some test. I am curious how it will behave with the .358 (180gr, 158gr) .359 Lee 200gr, and the 9mm 115 bullets.
Last edited by Camba; 01-10-2020 at 05:54 PM.