Well here is my 2 cents worth. These reside in my present collection, all are lookers, and everyone of them gets shot, frequently. Some may turn their nose at the Henrys, but with my trigger work, they all shoot 3/4" with a scope, and better than I can with open sights. Everyone of these rifles will shoot, with about anything out there. I shoot these rifles on a rotating basis, no safe queens here. All are well cared for. I have had some Ruger #1 and #3's. The Henry's listed below, were more consistent, and outshot them, every one. These guns range in $$ between $300-$1200, what I paid for them. I feel like I got a deal on every one of them. One of my most treasured is the 7mm Mauser Rolling block. Bargains are out there, if you look hard, have the money at hand, and are prudent. I sold off a huge amount of $100-$300 guns, valued at that, that I usually had half that in, due to me being a gunsmith for 36+Years. I sold them off over 3 years, and accrued all these listed, in that same time frame, by attending local shows, and perusing the internet.
1. Browning Hi Wall-45/70, 28" tapered octagon
2.Winchester Hi wall-38/55 28" tapered octagon
3. Remington roller, made in 1990, 45/70, by Remington, 30" with MVA peep sight
4. Husqvarna 67, 12.7x44R or 50/60.
5, Pedersoli 1874 Sharps, 32" long range 45/70
6. H &R Trapdoor, Little bighorn, carbine.
7. Original Trapdoor, made in 1884, 45/70/, rifle, mint bore.
8. Original #1 Remington Roller, recased, rebarreled with a heavy 30" half octagon/round, restocked and blued.
9, Original Remington Military Roller, 7mm Mauser, mint bore, mint case colors, 95% blue and wood.
10. Henry Single shot 45/70, with beautiful grained walnut.
11. Henry single shot in .243 with waterfall grained walnut
12. Henry single shot in .30/30
13. Henry single shot in .223
14. H&R Buffalo Hunter, 45/70,32" barrel, walnut stock. This gun will shoot with any rifle listed above, irons, peep or scoped, with cast bullets, or some hot jacketed loads. I sold this once and was sick till I got it back.
Your thoughts welcomed on all this.