Parts for TCR - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Default Parts for TCR

I'm afraid I know the answer to this, but, does anybody know of a source of parts for the TCRs? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

PDK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:27 PM

Gun Cabinet

I don't know if they will sell you parts but is it smith and Wesson that owns Thompson now you can call and they will give you more info. several years ago I bought a 83 with a busted stock and they replaced it at no charge I sent in stock after making the call and 8 days later I had a new stock NC at that time they said they had parts for warrenty work but none for sale
By the way what do you need ?

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Deacon, thanks for the reply. Last info from S&W was that they no longer support the TCRs at all. No great loss since I have made modifications to barrels that would likely void the warranty anyway. No pressing needs, but it would be nice to have a forend iron and some small parts like firing pins, springs, extractors and that tiny set screw for the trigger guard assembly. Wood, scope bases, barrels, receivers and whole rifles show up from time to time on the auction sites. Numrich and similar outfits carry replacement parts for a number of other discontinued guns, but almost nothing for the TCRs. I did find out that the TCR uses the same leaf spring for the extractor as the one that fits the Encore. All of my barrels are made for, or adapted to, accept rimmed cases, but I needed the spring for a 356 Winchester barrel. S&W sent me a couple at no charge. Like your stock, that was several years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:32 PM

Gun Cabinet

If you can get buy with weaver they still have the bases 405 you can get new off ebay for about 12 dollars shipped and wood shows up on there often you can also pick up dove tail bases but they are way over priced between 45 and 90 dollars they also show up on gun broker from time to time also Eds contenders in Oklahoma city has some things for TCR and he gets barrels sometimes I have bought a number from him and he don't try and rob you although I had to pay 400 for a new in the box 257 Roberts I am still looking for my last barrel I hope a 7x57 Mouser Rimmed or reg. I should have bought the one on gun broker several years ago on a 87 but I don't need any more 87. If they are no longer doing warranty work maybe It is time to un load my collection but not many guys have 7,000 to invest in a single shot gun collection.

Deaconllb

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

If you do decide to unload your collection, I hope you offer at least some of it on GBO. I have four receivers and seven barrels, so don't really need any more, but need and want are two different critters. Being a lefty, had to take the cheekpiece off of my set trigger 83 (goodbye resale value).

Completely OT, am I the only guy who has no problem with the two-step safety? Maybe suits a left-handed shooter better? Seem to have been a lot of complaints in earlier posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:21 AM

Gun Cabinet

I have learned to use the safety with some practice and I don't have a problem with it If I were to sell It would be as a lot not pieced out, one member tried for months to sell his and it was less than 2000 and I see where last week he sold a barrel on here must be 6 years ago that he started trying but it has been years that he posted also.

Deaconllb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page