Did tc ever make a factory encore rifle barrel in 41 mag? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Default Did tc ever make a factory encore rifle barrel in 41 mag?

I have the opportunity to purchase a tc encore rifle with a 41 rem mag barrel. I asked if the barrel was factory or aftermarket and the seller said it was a factory encore barrel but i cant find any mention of a factory 41mag rifle barrel being offered by tc. The barrel is matte stainless bull barrel with no sights (has scope rail on it) still waiting for an email back on barrel length. Just trying to figure out what im getting into before i drive an hour to go look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 01:01 PM

Gun Cabinet

When the TC custom shop, Fox Ridge was in operation you could get any Cal. you wonted that was not offered in their standard run of Cal. If you look on the barrel it should be marked Custom shop or it could be a MGM barrel or a SSK barrel or even a EBCO Barrel or Bergara barrel number of different company made barrels not just TC. The brand should be on the barrel some where.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Picked up the encore. It is a tc barrel. Not custom. Just says "encore tompson/center Rochester NH 41 Rem Mag" then the tc stamp. Very interesting indeed. I can find no mention on the interweb about this gun in this caliber. More research is needed..... But first to order reloading dies and projectiles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 06:45 PM

Gun Cabinet

About the time you think you have seen it all along comes something you have never seen or heard of. I almost bought a new Marlin 336 in 41 Mag and wished I had was on a special at Gander Mountain may have been 8 years ago now.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 06:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to CLEAN DEAN Send a message via Yahoo to CLEAN DEAN

Congrats on your new carbine.
Welcome to the forum & also on joining the "Unofficial .41 Magnum Society" .

In a Gunfight... "Take your time, in a Hurry."
N.R.A......STAND and FIGHT
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Heres a pic
https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/attach...1&d=1564204268
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_160548-1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	592.1 KB
ID:	232418  

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 06:34 AM

I believe the circle with TCA in the center is the TC owners association. They used to offer special runs of barrels from time to time and yours could be one of those.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Loving this gun and the story/history that goes with it already. Anyone know more about the "TCA" and what barrels were offered threw them. I searched and found very little besides the fact that the group has faded away years ago. On another note i looked up the serial number on my frame and it looks like it was made in 1998 if i understand correctly (number is 30984). Very surprised considering how nice of shape it is in. Guess that means i have a frame that was made far before tc was taken over by s&w and quality went down. Ordered a set of dies and a couple hundred bullets last night so now im waiting for those so i can start working on some loads. The previous owner included 50 new starline brass and 20 once fired hornady brass with the gun and i have a can of w296 so as soon as ups gets here with the rest i should be in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavid View Post
I believe the circle with TCA in the center is the TC owners association. They used to offer special runs of barrels from time to time and yours could be one of those.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Correction. I have just been informed the tca is still alive. I found very little about it online but a member of another forum informed me he was a member and the tca was still a group.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Got some more info on the 41 mag barrel. Super helpful fokes on a tc group on Facebook tracked down the one shot magazine that offered this barrel to tca members. They were offered in 2010 and were the last run of barrels Thompson center made for the tc owners association before the plant was moved from Rochester NH. To my understanding it was the last run of barrels made for the tca all together. I'm guessing this is something a real collector of tc barrelsmight want to have in thier collection. Unfortunately thats not really me so i think i will list it in the classified section and if that does not go anywhere i may try to learn to use ebay. I just dont know what a fair price would be. I guess the value is would be based on how much a person wanted it. The person that sent me the pics of the one shot magazine ad suggested a price between $300 and $400 would be in the ball park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1569712283774.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	234626  

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page