I love the tc platform - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Default I love the tc platform

Whether contender or encore I find them to be exceptional and a part of my life that for me cannot be replicated. Found my first tc contender quite a while back in 30 herret super 14. Even though I had never seen nor heard of this platform I was hooked and like most finds eventually sold it but never forgot and came back as this was and is my hunting platform.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 07:53 PM

I have been shoot Contenders since 1976. Started with a 10" oct 222 rem, and have since added .22 lr in 10" bull, .357 Max 10" bull, 10" bull 30-30, 12" bull 375 WinHY, 12" bull .50 Muzzleloader, 18" 445 supermag, 18" bull 256 Win, 20" 22Mag, and 20" .222 Rem. With the Encore I have a rifled 12 gauge barrel, a 338-06, and a 270 Win. I love the versatility of the platforms, and I love single shots,
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 08:32 PM

Gun Cabinet

Yelp what Mule 11 said

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 09:36 AM

Gun Cabinet
Default Got my first Contender in 1968

Bought a 45/410 barrel on a frame and fell in love with it. I shortly added 22LR and then 221 Fireball barrels. A few years went by and then added a Super 14 barrel in 35 Remington. That became my deer hunting barrel for some years. For a long time that was the only Contender that I had and only the four barrels. I actually got severely injured on a job and had to give up construction. I went to college and became a teacher in a small community college. After putting in 20 plus years at the college I retired. I have now gotten several more Contender frames and a bunch of barrels in both pistol and rifle length. I admit that I am an addict for them. Help; my name is Murl and I am a Contender addict. I just could not help myself, I have now gotten my grandson hooked on T/Cs. Oh by the way I still own the original Contender that I got in 68. But I sold the original 35 Rem. barrel. I have replaced the 35 barrel though.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Support the NRA-ILA
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 12:54 PM

I'm a Contender fan but in the rifle version. One frame and several barrels. I bought one of the pistols in .222 not too long after they came on the market but dummy that I am sometimes, I traded it off and have never replaced it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 11:48 PM

I too am a contender addict.
Two G1 frames.. and just a few days ago got my mitts on a G2 frame.
Only have two pistol barrels..(One is full bull 11.25 inch) the other is a factory ten inches..
Both in 7mmTCU
Two rifle barrels.
7-30 waters 23" bull
30-30AI 23"bull
One carbine barrel 16.25 ..it's a super 14 with the barrel extended. 7mmTCU
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 11:50 PM

Can you tell ?
I like the 7mmTCUs
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

I would like to say that I love your avatar MrMurl...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
Whether contender or encore I find them to be exceptional and a part of my life that for me cannot be replicated. Found my first tc contender quite a while back in 30 herret super 14. Even though I had never seen nor heard of this platform I was hooked and like most finds eventually sold it but never forgot and came back as this was and is my hunting platform.
I'll second that in either pistol or rifle config. Everybody should own at least one Contender and one Encore frame with a lot of barrels for both.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
I'll second that in either pistol or rifle config. Everybody should own at least one Contender and one Encore frame with a lot of barrels for both.
I started with the contender then moved to the encore which I have a lot of stuff for. I think you know what I mean by that. Just went back to the contender platform also and have a few stock sets and one 16” max barrel for. I’m sure the addiction will escalate...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page