Need some advice - Graybeard Outdoors
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Unread Today, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Default Need some advice

Never have messed with a Contender . I'm wanting 2 carbines one in 357 mag or Max , 1 in 44 mag . So if I'm correct I need stock , forearm , barrel , frame & whatever hardware for assm'y . Probably mount optics scope or RedDot . 16" is min length with a buttstock . Would the 357 mag or max benefit from a longer than 16" tube ? How about 44 mag only I'm thinking 20" for it . Fancy wood is nice , but these will be for thick woods hunting . Basically any suggestions , pointers etc . would be appreciated . Got a couple of local shows coming up & figured I'd start looking locally first . Also if anyone can suggest places to find out more about the T/C platforms . Thanks , Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Unread Today, 06:50 PM

Well for starters just post a wont to buy on the contender forum and all the good men on the forum will tell you what they have and how much, most of the stuff at gun shows will be over priced. the guys here for the most part will steer you right and you are dealing with men who own, shoot and love and sleep contenders. One other good source is to give a call to one of our sponsors Ed's contenders in Bethany Oklahoma. he will treat you right and his prices are good. as for good info on all things look at the hand gun forum or rifle forum for contenders on this web site. we have a vast knowledge of them and every one of us have been bit by the contender bug and there is no cure. so seeing as you are new here just ask we don't bite and love to share. I would say if you were to ad up the years of experience each one of us have you would have several hundred years at your finger tips.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in