Graybeard Outdoors banner

Henry 35 Rem - On Radar

8K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  TLARbb 
#1 ·
At least it's on the radar.

Thank you Sir for serving our Country, interest in Henry, valued feedback and suggestion. We certainly appreciate it. We do have 35 Rem on our radar. Sign up for our free catalog and opt in for our occasional emails and we will keep you posted on all new models and calibers. Click on www.henryrifles.com/catalog
Sincerely,
Anthony Imperato
President
Henry Repeating Arms

I will have one someday.

Thanks, Dinny

#2 ·
Nice, the 35 Rem was my vote in the new Henry single shot thread but a lever gun would be nice too.

#4 ·
Spruce,
I'm a little l slow to learn. Not until this year have I owned a 35 Rem and now I have two rifles chambered so. A 35 Rem LG would fit nicely between both of them in the safe. ;)

Thanks, Dinny

#8 ·
The .35 Remington has to be 10 times more popular than the .444 Marlin.

CVA found that out, and is selling a ton of them in their single shot Scout V2. I could just never cozy up to the plastic stock and pull down lever of the CVA.

Henry seems to be on the right path as to future calibers.

Mannyrock

#10 ·
I know the history and understand why but it is still amazing to me that to this day the 30-30 is as popular as it is and the 35rem is a rare as it is. I just think the 35 is a much better cartridge all around, that being said I love anything that's 35cal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I "don't" love "anything that's 35 cal., BUT there's no doubt in my mind that a 35 Rem. is a better deer/blk. bear cartridge than a 30-30 Win...

That doesn't mean that the 30-30 isn't a pretty good deer cartridge though...

DM

#12 ·
I'll vote for the 35 Rem as well. I got one a couple of years ago that my Uncle willed to me. It's a Marlin 336RC. It's the straight stock version like a M94 Winchester. He bought the gun new in 1958 and took a ton of deer with it. The bluing is worn off the receiver where he carried it. It loves the Hornady Leverevolution ammo and is the hammer of Thor to anything that gets in it's way. I'll take the 35 over the 30-30 any day. Not browbeating the 30-30 just my preference. I like 35 caliber stuff. Not to get off the path here but the 358 win. is one of the most misunderstood calibers out there. It's the 35 rem on steroids. Browning is the only one chambering it in the BLR at present but that's another topic in and of itself....

#13 ·
A few years ago, I was very interested in the .35 Remington, but all of the manufacturers had stopped making it, and Hornady had not yet started to make it. For two years there was virtually no new Remington .35 ammo to be found from Remington, Federal, or anybody else. None at any stores, none for sale online, none for sale by smaller companies like Wisconsin Cartridge Co. You would occasionally see a box of it for sale at a gun show for $45 or more. That really really soured me on the cartridge.

Eventually, they started cranking it out again, but if it has been relegated to "occasional runs" like so many other great cartridges, then count me out.

Hornady was wise enough to spot the pent-up demand, and I understand that they have cleaned up with their sales.

Mannyrock

#14 ·
I have sent a few emails and will continue to do so. I would pay good money and buy 2 if they would make a stainless big loop with a 16" barrel in 35rem. I can't be the only one that likes guns in this configuration, even remlin is coming out with them but not in 35rem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I always wanted the plain Mohawk 600 bolt action in .35 Rem but Big Green only chambered it in the Remington shark fin sight/vent rib 600.
Henry would sell .35 Rem lever actions just fine.
I also had a .35 Marlin RC and with 200 gr CorLokt factory ammo it would put 3 shots in 1"often enough to qualify as a varmint rifle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Henry finally came thru! They're offering the new side gate loaders in 35 Rem. I'm sure other models will follow.

Thanks, Dinny

#18 ·
At that price I'll probably have a safe full of them by the month's end.

Actually I'll probably wait for the other versions to flood the market.

Thanks, Dinny

#19 ·
The 2 times I visited Maine you could walk into any gun shop and they had piles of 35 Remington ammo on the shelf. Must be a lot of Mainers hunting with 35 remingtons.

#20 ·
That's very true for Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. The old 35 has been very popular around here for much longer than I've been alive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.