Loading gate Henry - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Default Loading gate Henry

Just saw a Youtube video on a new Henry, with a loading gate. Brass frame, 38/55 and 30/30 to begin with, but surely others will follow. Iraqveteran8888.

Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 02:06 PM

Puma got it right years ago. They made the Puma 454 (now a Rossi) with both loading gate and tube loading. It is wonderful. Easy to load a lot at a time or unload and easy to add just one when topping off. Wished others would follow suit. Seems they only did this on the .454, never saw any other ones that had that feature.

Rosewood

Go Donald Go!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 11:43 AM

Thank you Mr. Imperato for finally giving me what I've requested for years. Thank you. Now all I need is a Henry ladder sight to be installed. Come Monday I will be placing a .38-55 on order.

Owning a firearm doesn't make you armed anymore than owning a guitar makes you a musician...words of Jeff Cooper...one of my favorites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:54 PM

I got to hold a BRAND NEW Henry with the ladder sight just a few days ago, it was very beautiful
and very well made, fit, finish, wood, the ladder sight was great.
Didn't know that about the Puma offering both. I hope we see this again from Henry Rifle.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 03:50 PM

To me the loading gate is not a make or break feature. It is nice though. When they make them in a blued version I'll consider one. If they are a big seller Im sure they will. I wrote for them to make a Big Boy rifle in blued configuration and drilled and tapped years ago. I owned a brass version Big Boy at the time. Many people wanted a blued version and Henry listened. And the Big Boy Steel was born. I have one. They are just a good responsive American company.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:56 PM

Gun Cabinet

Thank you Henry for offering it in 35 Rem!!!

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:24 AM

Send a message via MSN to dpastordan Send a message via Yahoo to dpastordan

I handled one of the new loading gate Henry rifles yesterday. I was a bit disappointed in the length of pull - too short. I am going to pass on this. Looks good as a display item but it is not for me. I would prefer one of their regular blued rifles. Actually, the price of the .30-30 in brass with the loading gate was more expensive than the Long Range lever gun by Henry. I am leaning heavily in that direction.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 09:04 PM

Good evening
Henry seems to be near the only US of A firearms manufacturer listening and making requested products .
As soon as they make a blue Big Boy 41 mag 16.5 inch carbine with the gate feed we will buy one to go along with our 41 mag blue BB we bought 1st year they came out.

Looking for answers... try the Bible. John 5:39

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page