Graybeard Outdoors banner

mossberg ?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Dixie Dude 
#1 ·
Saw a like new, used 30/30 for $350. I actually didn't know they existed. I forgot the model #; Think it was a model 400 and something. I was impressed with look and feel; Bore shiny and new looking. Any info appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
I haven't shot one but I've handled one and liked it. I hear they shoot good. The model was 464 if I recall.

#3 ·
Two years ago I bought my Mossberg model 464 in 30-30. Since then it toppled several wild hogs for me. My scope is a Simmons Pro Hunter featuring 2-7X settings. This outfit is quite accurate and shoots consistent 2 inch groups at 100 yards. It's a keeper!

TR

#5 ·
Isn't is a copy of the Marlin? Or close to it. I think the patent's for Marlin have long since ran out. Same with Winchesters, the reason Rossi and others are making copies of the Winchester 92. I also think the same thing happened to the AR-15's when the patent ran out and Colt was no longer the only maker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.