The highest quality working-man's bolt guns. - Page 12 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 02:11 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
I call absolute bs on this one. If that were true it would be all over the internet. If it happened which I seriously doubt it happened because so disgruntled employee took a hammer to them. I could almost buy it if you said one. If you said two id raise my eyebrows but over 30 of them at the same time in the same store. You should have added that lightning hit 4 employees that left the store 15 minutes apart on the same night and two of those got ran over by cars on there way home from the hospital.

No, promise it was true. All rifles were quietly sent back to Remington in unmarked boxed. Bolt handles were collected and sent together separately in the other unmarked boxes. This bolt handle shipment was sent from another town by a different shipper. Nearly, half those rifles had broken extractors from the factory. All had the defective Walker trigger. Synthetic stocks were found warped to the point some barrels were actually bent! It was discovered there was a clandestine Libtard invasion by people disguised as workingmen at Remington. It was all a Liberal plot in the name of"gun safety." All this was suppressed and the shop was paid $130,000.00 to keep quiet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 05:53 PM

sounds like something the left would do.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #113 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 07:45 PM

I still have and shoot my Savage 110 .270 Win that I bought in 1968. Just did a barrel swap on it but kept the entire rifle same except for barrel. I haven't used for quite some time since I have some of those big bang magnums but I am finding out the old girl shoots nice and sweet. I plan on using it as primary rifle from now on unless I go back to high country for elk. I still like the big bang magnums for that critter.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." Ben Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

I feel lucky! I bought my 270 caliber Winchester model 70 featherweight in 1990 at a bow Hunters store as a consignment that someone brought in to trade for a compound bow. With its Bausch and Lomb 3 - 9 variable Power Scope, the entire rifle and scope cost me $350 US. I have hauled that rifle for all these years and even with its honest wear and tear I still love that rifle. As I said, I feel lucky!
post #115 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewmagoo View Post
I agree with those mentioned but I tell you the Tikka T3 lite I have is probably the finest bolt rifle I have ever owned.
I have the wood stock in 308 and agree, best I’ve owned.

Animal
post #116 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 10:50 AM

Defective Walker trigger. I've used defective Walker trigger's for years with no problems at all. Wonder why it took as many years as it did to determine them defective? probably take's a long time to find clueless morons and put rifles in their hands!
post #117 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_99 View Post
Mannyrock,

Your topic falls down when you list the 700 as a quality gun.

They are a cheap design.

Winchester post 64 m70 has more handle displacements than the 700 ever did. Soft soldered dog collar attachment vs. Remington's brazed joint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
post #118 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodshot View Post
sounds like something the left would do.
And they would want it publicized by the willing media.
BS alarm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
post #119 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 09:03 AM

Going to make two assumptions. The working man is not dirt poor and looks at used, American made rifles.

Highest quality bolt gun? That's easy. Remington model 40X and the model 52 Winchester. Timeless classics in walnut and blued steel. The Remington 40X’s were all hand built in the custom shop. When you open and close the bolt on a 40X, it has a bank vault sound. In today's market, the classic rim-fires are often more desirable then the center fires.

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page