8 Top Bolt-Action Rifles For Hunting And More - Page 5 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
well said bill. especially for someone whos ___ apparently is hinged like mine
Does "let it rest" apply to everyone or just me?

mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:07 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

I have had enough of the faulty Remingtons apart to know that someone with tinkeritis had messed with them causing the problem. They all come from the factory with a small dab of varnish type stuff in the three adjustment holes. If that stuff ain't there then someone screwed with them. All of the problematic ones that came into Keith's Gun shop had the sealant missing and usually had more visible Bubba marks present as well.

The recalls resulting from the class action suit was nothing more than damage control to put an end to the media frenzy that started out on the www. Nobody will ever make me believe it was anything more than that!
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike$ View Post
Does "let it rest" apply to everyone or just me?

mike
Mr. Graybeard what does "let it rest" mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

It meant for you and Lloyd to stop arguing over the validity of the issue.

I gave the real history of the trigger issue from a person who has been using them since the mid 60s and I've owned well over 100 of them, exact number long since lost to my memory. I've known folks who just had to tinker with screws they didn't understand on that trigger and made a mess of their guns.

Adjusting trigger pull weight is all that was ever needed on any of mine and when done I sealed it back just as the factory had. The sear engagement adjustment screw was perhaps a mistake on Remington's part. If it's there some idiots are gonna play with it. Too many folks fancy themselves a gunsmith. My cousin is a prime example. I hate to even be on a range with him. he thinks he's a trigger smith no matter what the gun he is gonna fiddle with it until it is unsafe to use. It's folks like him who cost Remington so much money on this trigger issue.

Comments from folks knowledgeable of the truth of the issue are welcome. Speculation based on hearsay is of little value.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 02:07 PM

[QUOTE=Graybeard;2055882698]It meant for you and Lloyd to stop arguing over the validity of the issue.

I gave the real history of the trigger issue from a person who has been using them since the mid 60s and I've owned well over 100 of them, exact number long since lost to my memory. I've known folks who just had to tinker with screws they didn't understand on that trigger and made a mess of their guns.

Adjusting trigger pull weight is all that was ever needed on any of mine and when done I sealed it back just as the factory had. The sear engagement adjustment screw was perhaps a mistake on Remington's part. If it's there some idiots are gonna play with it. Too many folks fancy themselves a gunsmith. My cousin is a prime example. I hate to even be on a range with him. he thinks he's a trigger smith no matter what the gun he is gonna fiddle with it until it is unsafe to use. It's folks like him who cost Remington so much money on this trigger issue.

Comments from folks knowledgeable of the truth of the issue are welcome. Speculation based on hearsay is of little value.[/QUOTEI

Further discussion is pointless, please advise LLoyd of it.

mike
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 06:16 PM

mike$ - I'm sure Lloyd is aware of it. GB is just telling you in a nice way, to stop with the personal insults.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

A statement of fact: H&R Huntsman & Sidekick blued barrels are made of 4140 steel.
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:45 PM

Gun Cabinet

I was taught a long time ago to never argue with an idiot. It wouldn't take long before onlookers would wonder who's who...

What was this thread about?

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 08:26 AM

The fact that the author of that link was smoking crack or paid by gun producers to push there products. the FACT that rem 700s are one of the best rifles ever made! The fact that it is the best selling bolt action sporting rifle ever produced. The fact that it is the bolt action rifle that saved more American lives since ww2 then all the others combined. In fact the rifle that has won more competitive shooting sports then all other bolt guns combined. FACTS that anyone who really knows guns knows

Quote:

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 02:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to tdoyka

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
FACTS that anyone who really knows guns knows

what you talkin 'bout willis?

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinny View Post
I was taught a long time ago to never argue with an idiot. It wouldn't take long before onlookers would wonder who's who...

Thanks, Dinny
Dinny, there is a lot of truth in that saying.

mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page