Graybeard Outdoors banner

Tool I.D. ?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  lon371 
#1 ·
Bought these for couple dollars. Was told they are for reloading .22. Didn't think so,but bought them anyway. I pick them up this weekend. Look kind of like some type of chamber/bore measuring tool? Thanks

Lonny

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
interesting would be interested in what they are and how there used

#3 ·
The way some items were listed in the auction, these may not even be firearms related lol. He had some easy outs listed as brass cutting tools for reloading :]

I just figured with the vast range of knowledge here, someone may know what they are.

Lonny

#4 ·
Those are scope sight collimator spuds for different caliber ranges. The spud is inserted through a tube in the collimator housing and secured with a set screw. The expanding end of the stud is inserted in the barrel and the knurled head at the other end is turned to expand the collet fingers and secure the collimator in the proper position to view the collimator screen through the scope.
The collimator body is typically black, 4-5 inches long, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter tapering down to about an inch in diameter. The small end is a frosted translucent disc and the large end is a clear glass lens. Between the two is an element with a calibrated grid which is viewed through the scope and used as a reference to adjust the scope crosshairs to correct windage and approximate elevation settings.
Troll

#7 ·
Definitely look like the Bushnell spuds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.