Sight Question - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Default Sight Question

Question regarding my Win 1892 in 45 Colt. Using a Hodgdon load for a Ruger and a 300 gr XTP I had to extend my Marble tang fully and had to use a lower front sight to get enough elevation to strike PoA at 100 yards. Through a error on my part I had to send it back to Winchester for repair after removing tang and reinstalling original front sight. Received rifle back and to my surprise, to get PoA I had to go down with the tang 26 clicks of elevation. As an aside, before sending it off, i twice shot it at 100 yards, both groups measured 2 1/2”. After I wound the sight down 26 clicks I fired 3 round, measuring 1 1/4”, being satisfied because of prior sight adjustment shots it was hitting PoA. Firing before and after Winchester factory fix was over sandbags with receiver being supported and nothing touching the barrel.

WHY!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 07:41 AM

Something was changed. Could be either the removal and reattachment/or replacement of the tang or something else that was done during the repair. You didn't specify what the nature of the repair was, and that could be a clue.

Sounds like it's a whole lot better than it was. Count your blessings!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

In my futile attempt to smooth out a gritty trigger pull, I stripped the hammer screw. For what it’s worth, it came back with a much better trigger than it had when I sent it in

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page