I'm hearing good things about the new TCR 22 rifle - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

My local store just up the street, didn't give me a very good break, perhaps Mike is getting TOO popular.

So I went down the road for about 10 miles, to see Mark..who I have also bought several guns from. Mark will be ordering in a few days, and will check the price and make an offer.

We will see what he finds out .

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:31 PM

Bought one a couple months ago, very pleased with it, trigger was sloppy, so I put a $7.00 Wolf trigger spring in in it. Solved that problem. Have put about 500 rounds through it, very accurate, not target shooting accurate, but plinking and squirrel accurate. Fun to shoot, and my grandkids like it a lot too.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustic bob View Post
Bought one a couple months ago, very pleased with it, trigger was sloppy, so I put a $7.00 Wolf trigger spring in in it. Solved that problem. Have put about 500 rounds through it, very accurate, not target shooting accurate, but plinking and squirrel accurate. Fun to shoot, and my grandkids like it a lot too.
Thanks Bob, I'll keep that trigger mod in mind if I get one.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

I ordered a TCR22 today..expect it in within the next week.

Iplan on visiting my gunsmith grandson soon, so I will probably take the trigger assy with me and have him rework that. I have an Anschutz woodchucker

of which I want him to recrown the barrel. I don't like the looks of it !

Here's Jerry, putting a TCR22 through it's paces..
now if I could shoot iike he does..

The TCR22 has a 10-22 style action, and although it is more costly..it has more built in features.

Last edited by ironglow; 09-20-2019 at 11:01 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Just FYI.. I posted this over on RFC as well

First time out..no scope yet, used the stock sights. I wasn't able to bench the rifle, since I didn't bring my bench with me.
. When I fired Federal lightning, Federal bulk HP, CCI Mini Mag solids, Remington subsonics, Aguila subsonics, Winchester subsonics, Aguila 60gr sniper subsonics, Federal Spitfire 31gr hyper, as well as my old favorite..CCI standard velocities...and all functioned and fed well.

CCI CB caps and CCI quiets required the action to be hand loaded.

The action was smoother than any stock 10/22 I have ever owned (IMO)

It is an overcast day here, rain on and off, and that green luminous front sight worked very well.

I had no bench, bags, sling or bipod. So I stood at the 50 yard line and popped head/shoulder silhouettes with regularity, no matter which ammo..same goes for a wallet sized swinging target
The trigger is pretty decent, but I may decide to hand over the bolt and trigger group to my gunsmith grandson, for accurizing and cleaning up..just to work his "magic' on the steel, even though it appears more finely machined than a stock 10/22.

If I decide to go full out, I may get a rubber Hogue stock..along with a choice barrel. ..But all that remains to be seen.

Is all sugar & roses with my TCR22? No, not in my opinion ! That magazine is a royal PITA as I see it. I'm glad I took a couple spare 10/22 mags with me, or I would not have completed the test without getting mighty frustrated. !

That little steel angle to be depressed upon loading, is a pain in the thumb, and I found myself getting the first round joined magazine, more often than not.

Once that magazine is shot empty, it is a real struggle to get out of the gun. Push the trip lever forward, then start clawing at the magazine..lots of luck !

On the other hand, the 10/22 magazines worked very well..so I will likely stick to the 10/22 magazines.
I do not normally go to a range somewhere, and burn through boxes of ammo. I normally sight my gun in, then use it for hunting..and with normal hunting how often does one burn through 10 rounds with a single kill?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page