Since the wife has been in anchorage visiting - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Default Since the wife has been in anchorage visiting

The granddaughter, Iíve been doing a few projects around the house.

Yesterday I got out my newest 22mag rifle. A CZ 455 in stainless synthetic configuration. They did not make many of them and are now discontinued. I got it out of the box and put the bolt in. Dug out the new/used Swift 6X riflescope and set of tally steel rings I had bought for it.

It went together pretty easy. After getting the scope crosshairs lined up and the correct distance from my eye, I tightened up the screws holding it together. Then checked clearances. As usual with tally rings they were minimal room. About a 1/4Ē barrel clearance and the same for the bolt. Just like I like them.

Now to get the bench rest out of the barn and get it sighted in. But thatís for another day.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:44 AM

sounds like a nice gun!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:53 AM

I now have two 22mag revolvers and would like to own a 22mag rifle, but I don't know what I'd do with it.
A couple of days ago I read a story on the CZ455 and the new CZ457 scout, they seem to be top of the line rifles.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 09:38 AM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

I love CZ rimfire rifles. I only wish that I had one in 22 mag as I also swear by the 22 magnum. No 17 HMRs in my house.

My CZ is the 452 in 22 lr. One of my fondest shooting memories was a made with my 452. I was shooting at a USBR sanctioned competition at the county shooting range. I was in the second brace of 4 and lined up to my left were two guys from Illinois shooting Anschutz rifles and on my right was a guy from southern Iowa shooting a Remington 40x. Some of those guys even had their sponsors names on their shirts, shooting bags etc.. It sure was fun shooting up a class and finishing first out of 16 with my $400 dollar rifle wearing a 6X24 Tasco scope and Wolf Match Target ammo.

My going to the woods gun is a Ruger American 22 mag(the 18 inch barrel carbine version). If I'm cutting wood, placing/fixing tree stands or whatever that little carbine is usually close by or at least in the truck. I have killed 2 coyotes and numerous groundhogs with my woods gun. Quite often after the trailer is loaded with wood I wander off with the 22 mag to bag a squirrel or rabbit or both for supper. This gun is but 5 years old, painted camo, wears a Zeiss 6X compact scope and is sure nothing to look at but it has created a lot of old guy memories in the last 5 years!

Pastor I think you have the best of both worlds.....both in rimfire cartridge and rifle. Yup, you need to get to the range....it'll put a smile on your face for sure!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 11:59 AM

I absolutely hate the assbackwards safety on cz rimfires, so I won't buy one no matter how good they shoot.

DM

Lincolns legacy is, he freed the slaves

Obama's legacy will be, he freed the terrorist!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drilling Man View Post
I absolutely hate the assbackwards safety on cz rimfires, so I won't buy one no matter how good they shoot.

DM
The new CZ457 Scout in 22lr only, has a normal safety.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 02:05 PM

Gun Cabinet

I had a chance about 5 years ago at a gun show to buy a CZ rifle in 22 Mag, fellow wonted 425.00 for it he was almost in tears said he needed the money for some family issues, it was really nice, always wished I had never passed on it.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 10:26 PM

I have a 455 thumbhole heavy barrel in 22 lr. I bought the 22 mag barrel and did the 5 minute swap. Very easy. very accurate.

Cheesehead

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page