Scope for youth henry - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Default Scope for youth henry

I squirrel hunt with a youth Henry .22. Love it....but currently only have a little cheap Chinese scope on it...have a hard time spiting squirrels through it initially cause field of vision so narrow... once I find them the Henry will pop them....anyone have a suggestion for a scope for this little gun that will fit my needs better???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Ignoramus phone...not spitting....but spotting
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 09:37 PM

For an economical scope I'd probably get a Simmons. They make a couple of fixed 4X and 3X-9X variables for .22's. I've had good luck with the Simmons fixed power scopes (never tried one of their variables so can't comment on them).

I have an old Bushnell 2 3/4X that I've used for 40 years and it's still going strong. However, I don't know if they even make a .22 scope anymore.

Of course you can use any scope on a .22. The only difference is the parallax on .22 scopes is factory set for about 50 yards, shotgun scopes are usually set for 75 yards, and most centerfire scopes are set for 100 yards.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page